“Simply excellent!”

La Creche des Artistes
Reserve with
La Creche des Artistes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #741 of 3,715 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have been to this restaurant on many occasions: for business, with friends and as a couple... At each visit the food and service were simply impeccable.
The restaurant is small, very cosy but serves some authentic Italian dishes which are prepared in the semi-open kitchen. Wines are from affordable to unforgettable - on one visit we cracked open the bank account and had an excellent Sassiccaia followed by a Tignanello.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I can only say great things about this restaurant. The food was fantastic as were the staff who were really friendly ,very attentive and all had a great sense of humour and nothing was too much trouble. It is a very small place so you can only expect to have a little bit of hustle and bustle but for me it just added to the whole night. I also thought it was great value for money and next time I am in Brussels I will definitely be heading back

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went to La Creche des Artistes on a friday night. Lovely food, service was friendly (if a little haphazard) All together a great little restaurant where they do the simple things very well. Ate an entire vegetarian menu without even realising it. A first for me. Would recomend it in a second.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

This was a return visit with a few colleagues. We had hardly taken our seat when we were offered a glass of prosseco and some delicious lukewarm ratatouille.
I had the excellent carpaccio of beef followed by spaghetti with a mildly spicy tomato sauce and clams (noix Saint Jacques), it was a well balanced and flavorful dish.
I also had the tiramisu and sampled the sabayon which was served in the pan. Both were outstanding. Moreover, the sabayon could normally only be ordered for two but the kind server was more than happy to make just one portion.
One of my colleagues who did not take an appetizer was served a few slices of ham so that he would not feel left out.
The coffee served is Nespresso which is ok but the meal would have been perfect if they would serve a strong Italian coffee. We were also offered the choice of a grappa or the traditional lemon digestive.
The service was perfect, with a lot of nice personal touches.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

well, I guess the expectations were too high here! I have heard only good things about this place and I was looking forward for the experience: authentic Italian food. As it happened both antipasti and mains were disappointing. I love salt and I usually add it to my food, but the pasta I tried here were extremely salty which spoiled the flavor, you could only taste salt. The person I was having diner with had a try and agreed it was overpowering.
Overall the place could have potential for a great atmosphere, I would recommend going later, when the light is dim and it's hard to notice everything is about to fall apart. When it fills up and people start their chattering and drinking, you get a different feel.
On the up side, the complementary prosecco and a taste of ratatouille, both good.

1  Thank xinziana