“little gem dont get fooled by the interior!”
Review of L'horloge du Sud

L'horloge du Sud
Ranked #480 of 3,777 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

we live near this place and it has become a regular spot for us to visit- its so local and lovely! its gets really busy and i know why coz the food is awesome and fresh! prices are reasonable and usually its all served by lovely waiters. i love the food here! the only thing i usually dont enjoy is their ice cream !! and cocktails are so so ...not much choice for wine but this is not a posh restaurant its a place to meet friends have few beers and enjoy well cooked african food :)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

For the food and service I would give 4 stars but given that I almost stopped by at MC Donalds half an hour later and I am not much of an eater, I give 3 stars.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've been here recently with other 5 friends. It was the first time for me in an African restaurant.
The dishes are extremely nice, very good cooked and the bananas as side dish are delicious.
Unluckily they do not have almost any (only 1 bottle) of African wine or local spirits.

Service it's messy. We ordered A / B and they served C / D. They forgot about some drinks for some of us while the restaurant was only counting 10 people overall.
The waiter when you ask about some suggestions will just say here's the menu, isn't prepared to give any suggestion at all.

My final mark it's due to the service. Food 4/5 and service 2/5.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very tasty food for low prices, 12€ average for the main course. Different kinds of drinks and meals to be chosen. I live close and eat there often.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Restaurant does not look inviting from the outside but do go in. Great food and great value. Friendly staff and great experience.