“Brilliant pitta lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Perroquet
Ranked #252 of 3,490 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Brilliant pitta lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Have lunched here on two visits to Brussels and have Hugh enjoyed both occasions.
Great range of pittas and salads to choose from. Can't resist the pittas, generously filled, which come with four dips. Ok, it's all a bit messy to eat (some cutlery would be helpful), but very tasty, great fun and very reasonably priced. Great terrasse setting, good service.

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were lucky with the weather so could sit outside. Its a bit annoying that you can only have food at certain tables which was causing a bit of havoc. However, once seated this is a perfect spot for some lunch. Its not cheap but also not too expensive. Great salads and nice pita bread. Service is somewhat slow and dont speak English but they were trying and just very busy. Would love to come back as the food is remarkably good.

• Visited July 2013
“TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have been to le perroquet many times as I find the food veeery goood, but last time when I went there with my mother the service was just......annoying!!!
We arrived and sat outside. When I went inside and I wanted to order I was informed that I can only eat inside or on the proper tables. (It would be nice if you put a little information on the small tables to avoid disappointed customers.....) I had no problem with moving, but the waiter did not handle it very well, he showed me a table my mom and I could take and just left without taking an order or whatsoever. Only after quite a while he came to talk to us, when he was that we did actually move. We wanted to order ice-cream, however we were told that the portion is huge so we should only order one And so we did, but when we got the ice cream it was so small!!! Here, the restaurant just lost 6 euros because of the waiter's terrible advice....... When we finished the ice cream, another waitress came and said: wow, you finished quickly......lol I am not sure it is nice to say to customers;). You could really interpret it in many weird ways:). Rather just ask if it was alright!!! Later we saw other people ordering ice cream, however they did serve 2 portions to them!!! Hmmm and why was it too big for me and my mom??? :) The entire experience there was just a little bizarre, the waiters seemed not to know what they are doing, clearly it is the first time they ever work in customer service!!! Either you become stricter on your hiring or give them some nice training:) I will not be coming back there!!!!

• Visited July 2013
6 Thank Mariaa1001
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is really average, with a rather bad service. I understand one waitress can't cover everything by herself, but then they should hire additional staff. The house wine was nothing special and the pittas are too small for the price. Also, my pitta completely fell apart and I had to scoop it all up with a spoon, total mess

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank maja1983
Berlin, Germany
“Bad service - unhappy servants”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

You should avoid this place and look around. Absolutely over-rated in all metrics. The service is far worse than in Paris and hey we are talking about Brussels located restaurant. Brussels is not that hot spot and these kind of restaurants makes it more worse. It was funny how servants didn't speak any English and understood the orders wrongly. Servants are extremely unhappy and maybe they are just victims of poor management. Don't neither lunch here because it could take more than hour to get your "surprise order". Avoid, avoid and avoid!

• Visited June 2013