“Henri = Amazing”

Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I went to this restaurant for the second time in January 2014. Terrific meal.

- Get reservations. They fill up.

- Short walk (10-15 mins) from the Grand Place (main townhall square) in Brussels.

- In warmer weather (last time I was here in September 2013) we ate outside and it was wonderful. This time it was cold weather, so inside seating only. Great interior.

- Well lit interior. Relaxed bar on one side.

- Appetizers: Ham and pate. A+ stunningly terrific.

- Normal "relaxed" Belgian service. So if you are in a hurry, you will get frustrated. Relax and enjoy. Slow down. :)

- Main dish of beef steak, pepper cream sauce on the side, and Belgian fries. A+ amazingly terrific. If you are an American you might want to 'up the cooking degree' to get what you want - if you are used to "medium rare" in USA then order "medium" in Belgium).

- Very good value for money - 60 Euros all-in person for appetizers, meal, drinks.

Will absolutely go back again the next time I am in Belgium. A+ meal.

1  Thank gb10

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I've been chez Henri a few times when I was living in Brussels in 2008/2009. Was very good in a nice setting. Recommended.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Close to Place st Catherine, this resto is service honest and traditional food.
At luch time they serve a 2 course lunch at a very reasonable price. We enjoyed the well prepared a la carte dishes.The " biche" was very well prepared, and so was the tradional dessert dame blanche.
Service was great and so was the wine.
First time in this resto but will be back

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We were looking for a restaurant in Brussels without that sort of "old french, heavy red curtain" vibe, but wanted to eat well. I have no problem with a prix-fixe, or something a little more fancy, but the restaurants in Brussels seemed like more of the same after more of the same.

Thankfully, we walked by Henri, and immediately reserved for later that night - we were not disappointed. The service was wonderful, and the menu was patiently explained in english, and my food allergy was happily accommodated. The steak I ate was seasoned very, very well- the sauce I ordered to accompany it was barely even tasted - and cooked a perfect rare, as I requested (another review remarked that the food was salty...maybe one man's salty is another woman's well seasoned, as this was not our case at all). The homemade mayo for the fries was a nice touch, and my partner's venison special was also outstanding. The fresh mint tea is also a great way to end the meal. For an appetizer, 1/4 wine, 2 bottles of water, 2 mains, tea, and a very nice calvados, the check was just shy of 100 euro. Well worth it.

I think this a great spot that has an informal yet polished feel, and very good food in an friendly, modern environment. You can see that they definitely put care into what they do here. I would reserve in advance, as most tables were booked even on a weekday, as many of our fellow diners were happy locals.

Highly recommended! Great job guys!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Cozy nice restaurnat where you can find not the usual toruist menu and taste some traditional cuisine.
very close to a nice neighbourhood especially under Xmas where a traditional Xmas market is nearby. Close also to Saint Catherine gothic church.

Food is good and varied, not an exceptional selecion of beers strangely enough but a good one of wine.
Reasonable pricing.
Very clean also the rest areas.