“Delicious and copious!”

Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been to this restaurant so many times I've lost count! Every time I have come here with friends, everyone has been impressed- there is a wide choice on the menu and very unique, original dishes that I haven't had the opportunity to try in other places. Be warned however, you will leave this restaurant extremely full up! Your eyes deceive the size of your stomach, and this restaurant always brings out the gourmand in me! I highly recommend Kokob, but not the best place to go to before a big night out on town.

There are newer reviews for Kokob

Reviewed February 20, 2013

So Ive never had Ethiopian food before. When we sarrived we were greeted with a lovely spiced drink and a very helpful waiter. The food was fantastic and more of a shared experience than just a meal.

I asked for a beer and the gent serving us suggested some alternatives that worked out well. 4-5 people can eat for under 100 euro.

Call or email a few days in advance otherwise you may not be able to get a table. They consistantly fill up fast and youll definitely not want to miss this gastronomical (safe) adventure.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Interesting restaurant, coloured, alive, young. For me once is enough, nice food, but nothing special, I expected something more particular, here it is just the same of many ethnic restos. The service good but depends on who is serving, unfortunately.
They couldn't tell me if the food was gluten free or not.
Prices ok but better take the less expensive, at the end everything is the same...
But it is a nice and interesting experience, not the cleanest one though.
It is always full so I am not the typical guest of this restaurant.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Since I have visited Ethiopia a few times I have developed a bit of a taste for certain Ethiopian food especially dishes eaten with Injera, a Ethiopian type pancake.

Kokob does a fine job with serving this. Food, although a bit expensive, was top quality and very tasty. We took the discovery menu and it was a fantastic experience and a really good way of introducing Ethiopian food to my wife and kids. Eating with you hands may bother some people so keep that in mind when considering a visit. That said, a very sociable and fun way to eat sharing a communal dish.

All in all, well worth the money! Really good and tasty food, a great atmosphere and very friendly staff.

Do note, the place is very popular and making a booking is highly advisable. The restaurant also operates in shifts and in our case we were hushed along a bit in the end. That said, we were very fortunate to get a place since we only made the booking in the afternoon when we arrived in Brussels.

Will I go again. YES. Will I recommend the place to friends. Already doing it!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is one of the most amazing restaurants I've been to. Meaning it was a real discovery.
We had the discovery menu and not only that, we had a fantastic time and laughed a lot. We ate with our hands but in a decent way. This was such a nice experience. And that the quality of the food is fantastic, is a surplus ofcourse. Very friendly staff.
Only one thing is that they work in shifts. We booked at 18h30 and we had to leave before 20h30 and a bit before that, without us asking, the bill was presented. But that's the only negative thing I can tell about the place.