“Genuine Greek restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Genuine Greek restaurant”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

A Greek restaurant in the heart of Brussels in the Grand Place. Perfect location for the summer's light show, small but cosy with a beautifull fireplace. The owner is actually Greek-Cypriot and the food is delicious!

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Small but Cosy - Excellent Greek Food in Brussels”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was staying in Brussels with a group of people from the UK for three days in November 2013.

On my final night there was no formal dinner, so I opted to find a Greek restaurant in Brussels. I chose El Greco because of its location on the Grand Place. Despite having no website it did have some good reviews online and looked an interesting place to eat.

I was pleasently surprised at how good the restaurant was - I really enjoyed my Giouvetsi (a dish I ate in Syros, Greece earlier in the Summer). The service was excellent, and it seemed that Imost of the Greek community of Brussels was eating there! There was some live music when I was there too, which I enjoyed.

The owners are Greek, and speak Greek - extremely useful for me, a Greek speaker... I also don't speak French or Flemish, so I didn't have to resort to speaking English which is what I spent most of my time in Belgium doing.

I don't know when I will be back in Brussels - but I would certainly eat here again if I had the chance!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Fred H
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible service food ok”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Went tonight with my husband and decided to have the royal mezza. We noticed every other table that sat down we're given a taster plate of meatballs - we were not. The waiter was actually quite rude never seeing if we wanted another drink, not offering desert even though it was included in the set meal. We even noticed the table next to us with Japanese tourists were short changed by 10 euros when they queried this he disappeared and returned and threw the 10euro note at them with no apology. The other thing we noticed is our mezza was meant to be for 2 people however one of their friends sat at the next table and had the same quantity on her own. The food was ok, and I'm sure if you are friends with the pekoe that work there then they will fall over backwards for you - they clearly aren't keen on tourists for whatever reason. I wouldn't recommend unless you speak good French. A very surreal point of the evening was the man serving us who couldn't break into a smile suddenly started dancing with another waiter and everyone was cheering once the music ended the sullen face returned. Not a good experience.

• Visited October 2013
Belgium
“Really nice genuine Greek restaurant”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

If you're looking for a decent restaurant in central Brussels you won't be disappointed if you choose to go to El Greco. We had the menu for 35 euro which included a pre-dinner drink, a selection of mezza as a starter, a delicious brochette cooked exactly to our liking (we chose lamb), a dessert and a coffee. Then we even got a liqueur offered by the house! The food was beautiful and the service was great. The personnel are very friendly, good-humoured and helpful. We really enjoyed the evening and are definitely looking forward to going back very soon.

• Visited October 2013
Haifa, Israel
“Don't be fooled by the photo menu - this is a great place”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I typically skip the usual tourist traps that have menu with photos of the different dishes, but I followed TripAdvisor's recommendation and I certainly don't regret it. A very nice Greek restaurant with very good, reasonably priced lamb and chicken dishes, fresh salads and desserts. Staff doesn't speak English, but are very efficient and helpful. I certainly recommend this place.

• Visited September 2013