“Restaurant Les Chapeliers - Hoedenmakerstraat - part of a chain”
Review of Les Chapeliers

Les Chapeliers
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Les Chapeliers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,472 of 3,847 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Normally when I am in Brussels I go to La Roue d"or also in the Hoedemakersstraat, but due to the bad reviews from the past, I decided to cancel my reservation there. So I decided to give this a try.
I ordered as a starter - how Belgian - the shrimp croquettes. But to my surprise I discovered in my two croquettes just three shrimps. And besides that the filling was of melted cheese. Awful for a very expensive E 13,50. The main was stoofvless, but it came with a lot of greasy jus.
And you what on the little business card you see on the back that they all belong to one owner.
The are: La Rose Blanche, La Brouette, Hotel Saint Michel, L'Estaminet Kelderke, "t Kelderke, and Taveren du Passage.
The funny thing it that the waiter to whom I paid, was serving ten minutes later around the corner at La Rose Blanche.

1  Thank sabai77Pijnacker

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Not far from La grand place with good typical food nice degustation of beer and a waffle krieck beer flavour.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I brought a group of 26 persons here for a meal having communicated with them ahead of time by sending our choices and consequently everything went according to plan. The setting was perfect, the service was superb and the food was enjoyed by everyone of our very international group with some varying tastes including someone who was kosher and another who was hallal.

We have also visited other restaurants of the group and have been very impressed by them all. I can quite honestly say that this group is extremely reliable having been bringing groups to Brussels for the past 12 years and have been let down by all other restaurants other than this group

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This little place is very well located but that is where it ends. Upon entering the first thing that you notice is the mouldy smell. The place is somewhat dusty and grimy (one could even say dirty). The beer was warmish. With the starter I received a nice big heap (about half a cup) of semi-dried parsley. My lamb was dry and the dessert came from a packet. Simply not worth it.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The location is excellent, just off the Grand Place. This, however, shows also somewhat in the prices. The food was on average quite good, with quite ok quality-price ratio. The onion soup was good and tasty, but the croquettes quite average. Two waiters carried some boxes out every now and then, letting in cold, which disturbed the dining experience.