“Nothing special but still "ok"”
Review of Arcadi

Arcadi
Reserve with
Arcadi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 3,836 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: International
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

The location is in the center if Bruxelles. It was full of people but fortunately we had not to wait. (Someone else did)
The tables are very small to eat in 2 persons but...ok.
I went there because is quite famous for salty cakes and quiches but...were not that special...the water was very expensive but...ok.
I suggest this restaurant (cafe) only if you are very hungry and you're walking on that road in that moment.
Really nothing special from my point of view...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Arcadi is a simple, no-nonsense eating place. It serves a good range of savoury and sweet tarts/quiches, various pasta dishes as well as some meat dishes. It's cheap and cheerful, crowded and friendly. So not a place for a quiet or intimate evening out, but recommended if you need something tasty and don't have too much time to spare

1  Thank Lesidees
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I don't normally write reviews unless something is particularly outstanding or particularly terrible, and this place was the latter. While the food was good, the service was slow, rude, and the worst I've ever had, bordering on the abrasive. My travel companion and I ordered two green teas, and were only given enough water for one. Because the service was so slow and our waiter was neglectful, we split the little water between us in the expectation that we would top up later. When I asked for more hot water, I was directed to the counter where the drinks are made. The barista-type woman there refused to fill up my glass with hot tap water, which I thought was due to my poor French. I flagged down a waiter to translate, who informed me that I would be getting no more hot water, despite it being tap water and therefore free!
Unfortunately, I had already opened my tea bag, and could not return it. So, with my teabag still full of mostly dry tea, I informed the waiter that while I would be paying for our meals and for one tea, I could not in good conscious pay for the second tea since I could not consume it without water. He made a gesture I didn't understand and left. I waited for him to return, hopefully with a manager. After a few minutes went by and he didn't return, I was fed up, put the exact change on the table (minus 2.30 euros for the one tea,) and started to leave. At that point a different waiter returned, roughly grabbed me by the arm and yanked me backwards, screaming about the police all the while. He would have done better to tap me on the shoulder, or put his hand on the door, or call out to me, or act in any way that wasn't violent to get my attention. I was the one who requested to talk to him, after all, and I marched back over to my table, sat down, and told him to please, call the police. I was waiting patiently for him to do so when my traveling companion, who had exited the cafe, came back in looking for me. The irate waiter/manager lunged at her, and fortunately another patron stepped in front of her before she could be accosted. At that point I threw the 2.30 euros on the table and got out of there as fast as I could.
I admit, I was frightened by him, but the more I think about it, I should have stayed and called the police myself if he wouldn't. My traveling companion has advanced osteoporosis, aka brittle bone, and if he had grabbed her as he had grabbed me, he would have broken bones. I might get the police involved somehow yet, as this only happened a few hours ago, and if I do I'll be sure to let my review reflect the outcome.
Other Tripadviser reviewers have written that "the service is hit or miss". Well, I didn't get the product for which I paid, and I did get physically and verbally abused. So I'd call this one a "miss". I have never been treated so poorly in my life. I wouldn't wish any other person to experience this, and I strongly recommend against patronizing this place for as long as this waiter/manager is employed there. There are plenty of other decent establishments in the area.

9  Thank EiffelBlue
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Busy, quirky cafe, served excellent cous cous dishes and belgian waffles. Worth going for the unpretentious atmosphere and good value meals. The waffles are amazing.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a very short visit there for a quick lunch. Place was crowded, tables are small and it was in general very tight. The waiter was very fast and definitely not customer-oriented, I felt like on a production line, where they produce "fed customers". When i asked how fast we will get a tart, he said "rapidly!" :) Food was ok - I could definitely say, that it wasn't prepared the same day, but tasted ok. Definitely nothing special. We paid 7,5 euro per portion, and the portion was not too big, but price was also low.
We didn't have high expectation, cause we were a little bit in a hurry. Otherwise, I would be disappointed. My overview is OK, I heard they have better desserts there, but I won't be coming back there.

1  Thank kasilka4