“the best meat EVER”

Dining options: Reservations
Jerusalem, Israel
“the best meat EVER”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

While posted in Brussels - wich is by itself a paradise for the food lovers - I choose Chez Maria as my favorite restaurant, a place where I could come again and again without ever beeing dispointed by the quality of the food and the service. The owner loves its job and speeks about the meat as if he has raised the cattle himself- with passion...The official gests I took to this tiny restaurant seemed at first puzzeled because it is not fancy and looks like a normal diner in a working class neighborhood , but once you taste the meat....and when I return to Brussels I definitely make a stop at "Chez Maria"

• Visited September 2011

Shanghai, China
“Highly personalized, intimate and stylish”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

This is a great venue. Small, intimate, stylish and cool. It was my second time dining here. The first experience was impeccable, so my expectations were even higher than what they usually are - in other words, sky high!

We entered, to find only two staff. I thought to myself that there might be some lack of service as a result, but that was far from being the case. On the contrary, the attention to detail was impressive.

At same point, I started pouring my own wine, when the gentleman approached us with an authentic and soft smile, apologized with sincerity and served the wine. He recommended the wine, a Coteaux du Languedoc 2003, which was exceptional! The other member to the team, a lovely lady that looks like she comes out of the 30's, was equally efficient and charming. They make a great team.

And now on to the food - Wow!! My morue or salty cod fish, with a puree of vegetables & pesto sauce, was to die for. Desserts were equally divine - a chocolate fondant, and a mandarin sabayon. The mandarins were crunchy!

This is an exceptional restaurant, quality focused and serviced oriented. I will certainly be going back.

• Visited February 2012
Brussels
“Charming hide-away with top-notch food”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Chez Marie is a great spot for a romantic tete-a-tete as long as your Romeo or Juliet won't faint at the final total. Great service, especially from the sommelier who will recommend wines by the glass to suit your courses and an interesting menu. I was a little unlucky with scallops on a rather bland lentil puree but my dining partner scored with a flavorful, tender hare dish with a delicious sauce, a surprise to see on the menu and a delight to see an unusual meat cooked so well. Desserts were traditional and very well done - a molten chocolate pudding and a creme brulee. We'd be back sooner if we didn't need to pay rent... One thing negative only, finding a parking space nearby was extremely difficult as street parking is usually pounced on in early evening by the many residents nearby.

• Visited January 2012
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Great food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Service is very good, food even better. The naked photos on the wall are... interesting.

brussels
“Overpriced”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Very expensive. disappointing food. tasteless fish.