“Very nice at a price”
Review of Samourai

Samourai
Reserve with
Samourai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #287 of 3,623 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Japanese restaurant at Brussels since 1974
Ghent
“Very nice at a price”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Exeptionally good sushi, a fast service, great tempura.
But very expensive and not super friendly.
A lot of Japanse people visit the place too, so that is reassuring.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Kaatverstraete

• Korean first
lisbon
“Best sushi in Brussels”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The sushi and sashimi dishes are very good, The hospitality is sometimes a bit weird (other culture)...

Visited September 2012
1 Thank joskeversmissen
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent and surprising Japanese”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Very good Japanese restaurant, that dares serving more than just the average sushi and sashimi. I recommend to try the house suggested menu's, especially the first time, when you may get flabbergasted by the menu. This is truly gastronomic Japanese food.

3 Thank kristof1030
London, United Kingdom
“Got an Expense Account?”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place is just around the corner from the Belga Queen, another popular place where you should book to be sure of a table.

The restaurant is bigger than it looks from the outside, rising vertically a couple of floors with a serving station halfway up. The tables are quite close together, they clearly need to maximise their capacity.

A first look at the menu caused a sharp intake of breath as the pricing became clear... this is no sushi bar. Fortunately we were not starving and ordered a light, single course meal with a bottle of wine from the cheaper end of the list, all of which came to €100. EACH.

That's the bad news. The good news is that the food is wonderful: quite creative and cooked to perfection.

Now I just have to contact my friends on the European Commission staff, get them to buy me dinner in the Samourai and charge it to the EU budget...

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Frank C
Brussels, Belgium
“great place for dinner for two”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I went there with my bf on our anniversary and we loved it. I don't mind that the personnel doesn't want to have a chitchat with you, I don't like that anyway. They were nevertheless polite, which matters most to me.

So the place itself is really nice, having a nice japanese decoration. A lot of wood, gives it a warm feeling. We were sitting right at the ground floor (so I don't know how the rest looks like), and it is small and cosy. It was very quiet and i enjoyed the relax atmosphere to spend with my bf.

And to the important thing: The food was delicious. I have never been to Japan an I am not a japanese food specialist, but it tasted a lot better than any regular japanese restaurant I had been to, yet. We didn't go for sushi or sashimi, so i can't tell how these are there. We had meat and it was nicely cooked.

It was indeed a bit expensive but it was reasonable for the experience I had.
i would happily go back.

• Visited September 2011