“Nice, Friendly and top quality brasserie”

Restaurant de l’Ogenblik
Cuisines: French, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2019

Travelling alone is not always funny, but the reception in this restaurant merits a serious mention. Come early and relax. The dishes are classic Belgian brasserie, and the quality is astonishing. Recommended !!!!!

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed December 31, 2018

This is a very interesting restaurant - it has the feel of authentic Belgium cuisine. We book in advance and were told be be there before 8pm (as there was a large party booked in). We arrived on time and were offered a selection of tables on the lower floor. The head waiter was very kind and welcoming. We actually moved table because the first table was in a draught. He then helped us with the menu. We have a wonderful meal - we shared a started of duck pate, then had the lamb for 2 and finally had a creme de catalan. This was accompanied by a very nice wine. Wow - superb!
I have read the negative reviews and this does not correspond to our experience. The restaurant was very busy so service was not frantic but you want to enjoy the experience. I would highly recommend and we will return.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank GedR516
Reviewed December 20, 2018

Typical Central European restaurant, with an old atmosphere, high ceiling, which probably make it more noisy.The seats were not at all comfortable and very cramped, the service at the peak time,we were in, was not so good and late and definately not so helpful. What make the matter worse was when we ordered in english, as we were not belgian, and the order came wrong, the waiter was ungy because of the misunderstanding. The food except for the delicious deer dish was the bigest disappointment as the medium steak ordered must be the worst i ate in a restaurant of central Europe! Average price 40 euros. I certainly did not have the best impressions!!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 24, 2018

I was a walk-in. Despite being founded in 1969, this has the feel of a much older, cosy establishment, with sawdust on the floor and featuring a monstrous antique cash register. Despite the location, it is not touristic; there were plenty of locals there. The welcome was brusque. The waiter sponged down a table for me, leaving it wet (would it have killed him to swipe it dry as well? Perhaps…) but at least I had a table to call my own. I had the fish, fresh and tender, over veggies and potatoes. It was simple and good. The cost was moderate – with beer and coffee it came to 36 euros – and the meal was of good quality. Not what I call fine dining (and the service was professional rather than friendly) but the lunch suited my needs nicely.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

We know the place well as regulars at lunch time. Taking American friends there for a taste of a Brussels brasserie at dinner time we spent 2 and three quarter hours for a starter and a main course. Food was as usual good but the quality of service unacceptable and value for money very poor: over 80 euro per person when most guides mention an average price around 45 euro. A bad experience indeed in a very noisy environment....

Date of visit: November 2018