“Nice food, pretty busy!”
Review of Le Volle Gas

Le Volle Gas
Ranked #149 of 3,689 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian, Wine Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had dinner here in March which is not really in the mussel season. Still the mussels (wine & marinated) tasted great together with a nice Belgium beer. The service was quick but they took the plates away a bit too fast.
Highly recommend to reserve a table, even though we had to wait for 3 minutes we still got a table 10 minutes before the people who did not have a booking!
Visit Le Volle Gas for a typical Belgium Experience!

There are newer reviews for Le Volle Gas

Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was our first visit in Brussels and our hotel recommended us to go to “Le Volle Gas”. The Food was great and we were so glad the Hotel had booked the table for us. We arrived at 10.30pm and they took us. The Mussels are amazing and fresh, the service is good. My Husband had a typical Sausage and Mash Flemish way and he loved it! It was busy and we felt a little unloved for the first night, however the food was so good and the value for money was very good. We decided to go back there our second night. The waiter recognised us and it felt nice. The restaurant was full and it felt they were all regular, which was really nice. The Chocolate mousse is "divine"!!! We even got a drink on the house. I would recommend this restaurant for the food, the atmosphere that is captured with old antique furniture all around the dining room and it's service, which bring all the buzz of a Brasserie feel. Very nice!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

nice & cozy ambience, traditional belgian cuisine, Good value for money, recommendable for couples but even better for groups. Excelent beer selection, delicous deserts, we had a very good filet mignon crouton Roquefort, sauce de beer and honey, chicons braisés, ... but not so recomendable for moules (they were offered the last time without any "love", no celery or parsil, to cooked).

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by the concierge in our hotel. They checked that a table for 9 people was available and we set off there.

It's the real deal - corner location with a curtain inside the door (to stop the draughts as the door is opened). A great menu with plenty of Belgian specialities. I chose Carbonnades de Boeuf à la flamande - it was lovely. The portions were generous, and everyone enjoyed the food and the ambience. There's an excellent selection of beers, and the house wine was very drinkable.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been to the Volle Gas many, many times over the years as my father lives in the Place Fernand Cocq. I have read the other reviews for the restaurant and I do understand that perhaps it is not for everyone. Perhaps the price is a bit high, perhaps the service on a Saturday night when the restaurant is packed, is not perfect. However, it is still my favourite restaurant in Brussels, and perhaps in all of Belgium. When I step into Le Volle Gas, I feel as though I've come home - the atmosphere is exactly what I expect and love about Brussels Brasseries. The owner, Baki waves hello from behind the bar, while his brother, Leo shows us to our table with a smile. I've never had a bad meal - usually I have mussels, or occasionally the vegetable parcel. I've tried probably 20 different aperitif here, but I think my favourite is the classic Kir Royale. I love the lighting, the sound, the chatter and the warmth of this restaurant and everyone i have ever brought to eat here has loved it too. If you're looking for Belgium, good honest food and a great ambiance, away from the tourists milling around La Grande Place, this is the place.