“Great but you can get better”
Review of La Kasbah

La Kasbah
Ranked #379 of 3,759 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

i went here at a friday night it was too busy the decorations were great and nice atmosphere .
i had koskous and chicken tajeen the tajeen was nice but i didnt like the koskous .
the prices were very reasonsble.

1  Thank Mohammed_Tarek_1987

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I recently ate here with my husband and had a mixed experience. Our service was okay by Brussels standards, but the table was in the way of 'traffic' (servers and patrons), several times our food/candle were almost knocked down.
The sweet mint tea is superb - served in a silver pot, poured from a great height (just like you read about), but the tagine (I had lamb with raisins and sesame) was extremely fatty to the point where I couldn't really eat it. The presentation - on clay dishes it is baked in - is great. The portion is very generous. My husband had a lamb+veggies tagine and liked it. We also shared a Moroccan salad - a good size appetizer portion, good salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, olive oil, spices; came with warm pita bread). The restaurant was busy so our dinner took a really long time. I just didn't have the enthusiasm to stick around for dessert. I would give it another try, but would definitely skip the tagine. Their meze platter looked good and the 'grand' option seemed like it would be very generously sized.

1  Thank giulietta429
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was one of the worst services I have seen in my life. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant ran out of tajins. The waiter was screaming at the customers because they took "long" to decide what to order...

The food was actually good, but the service was so bad that it's just not worth going there.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food, practical location, and it looks just lovely inside. Service is OK, but not excellent. Might return.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked this restaurant as a surprise for my wife and all I can say is that it surpassed all expectations. The food was fantastic as was the service. We had a brik to start and then opted for two of the amazing tagines. The lamb simply fell off the bone and despite being a carnivorous type; I even enjoyed the vegetables, much to the surprise of my wife. If you like North African food, go here; if you haven't tried North African food, go here, if you don't like North African, still go here!