“Don't have the buffet”

Au Palais des Indes
Reserve with
Au Palais des Indes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,653 of 3,557 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
“Don't have the buffet”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was with 2 business colleagues. Because we didn't have a reservation, the only option available to us was the buffet. A selection of Indian starters, main courses and deserts. The starters were supposed to be warm but were only just above cold. The staff were quite short-tempered to start with (justifiably so, since there were only 2 of them to run the whole front of house for 40 or so people) but they did their best. The main courses were poor quality meat, in an uninspiring sauce. At EUR29 per head for the buffet, it was overpriced by a factor of at least 3. Maybe the food cooked to order is very different - I'll never know as we were only allowed the buffet.

• Visited February 2013

“Big disappointment”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I love Indian food and therefore I was very excited in going to try the big buffet last Friday. Oh man, how disappointing that was! Starters where lukewarm, oidripping samosas, potato balls and chicken wings. None of them tasty, all pretty basics. It looked like they used frozen food. The main course were some chicken tikka masala, some lamb (which I didn't try since it really looked repulsive) and some mussels (how Indian!) in a gravy.There were also two vegetarian options: some lenses and a dish with spinach, soft cheese and gravy (this last being normally one of my favorite). I tried the chicken and the two vegetarian options: again, lukewarm temperature, no taste, it was like eating at the canteen at work. Unfortunately the price wasn't the same: 2 people with a bottle of wine for 90€seems a bit exagerated for a meal which had nothing good in it.

We should have left when seeing that the place was practically empty (pretty strange at 9pm on a Friday night in Brussels) and, especially, after having had look at the buffet. A learning experience, I guess. I should have read reviews more accurately and especially not trusted the many excellent reviews coming from people who only hae one or two reviews in total...

Service was casual but correct.

• Visited January 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Best Indian food I have had....”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I am an Indian who travels a lot internationally. I would have Indian food in over 100 cities all over the world (outside India). The food that I had at Au Palais des Indes is by far, the best . Authentic and uncorrupted India food. I felt like the food was made by my mom -- yeah that great!! Heavy Bollywood interiors with Indian oldies being played in the background. Friendly service. I will recommend this restaurant to anyone who craves for tasty and authentic Indian food.

• Visited November 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
“Welcome in India :-)”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

It all started a Sunday evening when our family was trying a place to have a bite nearby our hotel... We eventually landed at this Indian restaurant and, although service was quite lengthy, it was largely worth the waiting time. Very tasty, original indian dishes, full of flavors. the choice is large and the meals are very authentic. In the end, the girls, who a bit skeptical, asked to come back the following day. And guess what, we did!

• Visited August 2012
“Recommended”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is an unpretentious Indian restaurant in Brussels which has been popular over the years.
The diversity and quality of the food still stands high, and you will find there an evening buffet with the usual display of samosas, tandoori's and tikka's, which are my favourite.
I haven't tried the "a la carte" dinner on site but the delivery service was efficient too.
The decoration reflects the Indian roots of its owners, and the place is usually rather quiet so you can enjoy an evening with family or friends.
My next step will be to try the lunch which seems to be quite a bargain! (starter+main+coffee for only 12 EUR).

• Visited July 2012