“For a taste of Belgium”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beautyfull decor.
You're eating in a cave.

They can accomodate big parties.

I have to admit, I go there for the Flemish Carbonade, the Stoemp and the Fries.
I have never wondered elsewhere in the menu,
I have been with other who weren't so set in there ways and all were satisfied with whatever they had.
One diner companion who's a veal kidney afficionado says T Kelderke's are very good, can rarely get them so well done anywhere else.

Yes, it is set on the Grande Place, which would most times keep me away, but I never hesitate to go there, delicious and not too pricey.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,213)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place would normally rate a 4 if it were somewhere else, but based on my other dining experiences in Brussels, this place rates a 5. The owner greeted us upon entry and sat us right away. The atmosphere was fun and the food was excellent. I had the mussels in beer, which were cooked perfectly and the fries were crisp and hot. I must admit, I did not think this restaurant was going to be good since it is located right on the square, but they surpassed my expectations. Although I did not get dessert, the crepes looked great and the flambe looked awesome in the dark restaurant. Bypass the other places near the square and check his place out. Remember, it is the restaurant downstairs....

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Nice traditional style restaurant. Good typical Belgian food and good prices. The mussels were very tasty and the french fries, fried to perfection. Crunchy on the outside! I ordered a beef fillet and it was cooked exactly how I wanted it. Great quality beef! The side to the beef was mashed potatoes with onion, leeks and bacon which was goodThe french onion soup was also nice. It was loud and busy, so I would not reccomend if you are not into a somewhat chaotic atmosphere. The service was good also.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Located directly on the Grand Place, in a wonderful old cellar with a vaulted ceiling, 'T Kelderke has charm in every way. The food is excellent, and service efficient. If there is a drawback, it is that the dining room is cramped and crowded, but that is an unavoidable result of the medieval design of the building. We do not go here looking for space and air, but fine food in a beautiful historic room is a special combination of merits we cannot resist.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

A classic on the Grand Place...make sure that you go to the downstairs location as there is a sister restaurant upstairs. The food is classic Belgian...Mussel, frites, fish. Excellent choice always full of locals. The space is interesting...old vaulted basement ceiling...tables are tight and close together making it a real experience

1  Thank FrequentTripster