“Just Very Good”

Ranked #7 of 3,778 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: 2 Michelin star restaurant** run by Chef Lionel Rigolet, his wife Laurence and their incredible team
Reviewed July 3, 2014

After six years in Brussels we finally ended up at this landmark restaurant. -It was well worth the wait.
We where seated in the kitchen part of the restaurant with nice view of the chefs at work but still cosy and quiet.
Food and wine where excellent and so was the attentive service by the staff and the owner.
Price wise its at the higher end but it reflects the overall high quality

1  Thank Marweid

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were greeted warmly, and immediately shown to our lovely table. After a cocktail, we ordered a bottle of wine and the 4 course fixed menu. It started with a fabulous prawn dish which we thoroughly enjoyed. Then came the sole, also very good. We then waited quite a dhole for the third course, quail. It was quite tasty. Getting the fourth course, desert, took even longer. The food was good, but we have had better.

1  Thank LoveLiveTravelEat
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We dined here at the very end of a three-year stay in Brussels. The restaurant is in a beautiful Art Nouveau building. We were warmly welcomed by several staff members and the service continued to be very attentive albeit very formal. (Our waiters did warm up by the end of the meal.) We had the five-course menu with the Segovia suckling pig. Every presentation was perfectly presented, very pretty. It was a great treat and we are so glad to have this dinner to help celebrate our wonderful time in Belgium.

2  Thank Kathryn B
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I recently had via a businessmeeting the opportunity to have lunch in this "in the past" 3 star michelin restaurant. the expectations are always very big if you go to such a place.

Was the food? Yes of course, it was VERY good.
Was the food blowing me away (like for example I had in Hertog Jan in brugge) : NO
Was it an experiance to never forget? Absolutely yes!
The staff, the sommelier, the valet parking,... everything is as good as it could be.

My personal small negative points:
- parking is via Valet ($$$$) or ... difficult to find
- it's a VERY small restaurant, I like to sit more confortable
- it's an old class (but TOP CLASS !) restaurant (I prefer more modern style)
- I don't remember the chef came by to explain something...

So... I think the fact they have 2 and not 3 stars is 100% correct.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was quite simply the best meal and service I have experienced in my life! I've been to NYC, DC, Philly...and nothing compares. We reserved about two weeks in advance via email. Received a warm greeting upon arrival and a nice table with a view into the kitchen. We were far outnumbered by the wait staff which was the most professional I have ever seen! We ordered three courses a la carte and received seven! The food is art and I didn't want to disturb it by eating it! It is expensive, but worth every penny. You feel the warmth coming from the owners in the air! Truly delightful!

2  Thank Love2Travel004