The Dominican
  • Fitness center
  • Room Service
Hotel Metropole(Brussels)
2,316 results
All reviewsthe grand placenespresso machinerain showerlovely hotelinner courtyardquiet side streetdesign hotelexecutive roomcomfortable bedsperfect locationwalk in showercentral stationfew minutes walkmini barwithin easy walking distancelong weekendthe main square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Striking and elegant, I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The room was lovely with very comfortable beds and a beautiful very powerful shower. First rate tea and coffee-making facilities in the room, too. The hotel has some outside space and my friend and I enjoyed some delicious cocktails there. The breakfast was also excellent. the staff were helpful and pleasant. The only downside was that it was really difficult to open the main doors when manhandling luggage.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
thedominican9, General Manager at The Dominican, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear,
Thank you so much for such positive review!
Please, spread the message all over the beautiful city of Istanbul.
And never hesitate to come back...
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Located on a quiet, pretty street just a 3 minute walk from the hustle and bustle of the Grand Place and a 6 minute walk from Brussels Central station, which is great if you plan on taking day trips to Bruges/Antwerp/Knokke etc. The hotel itself is very smart with a great decor and a very nice bar and courtyard and breakfast/dining area. The rooms are also a good size, very clean with a very modern, elegant bathroom and decor. Our room was on the third floor facing onto the courtyard and there was no noise whatsoever.

For breakfast there is a buffet with a large selection of pastries, breads, cakes, cheeses, cold meats, fruit, yoghurt etc and you can also order any type of eggs. We ate dinner at the hotel one night (situated in the same area as the breakfast) and the food was very good but the menu is a bit limited for main courses and the service was a bit slow despite it being quite empty.

There is also a gym, albeit quite small, with a couple of treadmills, a couple of cross trainers and a boxing/weights room as well as a sauna and steam room.

The gentleman at the reception, whose name unfortunately I do not remember, was extremely helpful and polite and helped us with everything from suggestions of where to go for dinner to very promptly organising taxis and reservations for us.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel as it is genuinely a very nice, elegant hotel with good service and most importantly a great location.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
thedominican9, General Manager at The Dominican, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear guest,
It was a true pleasure to read about your recent stay at The Dominican.
Many thanks for the detailed report!
London is only 1 Eurostar away, so no excuse for not coming back soon...
Best regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I with together with another couple have stayed 4 nights in June during our BENELUX trip. Hotel has a very good location, it provided an excellent breakfast buffet. Comfortable beds and spacious rooms are big plus as well . After Brussels we travel to another places finishing our trip in Amsterdam a week later. When checking out from Amsterdam's Hotel we realized that we forgot my husband's pair of shoes in the Dominican's Hotel room. I had no hope to find the shoes but upon returning back to States wrote an e-mail to the Hotel. I was pleasantly surprised when Jerome from Dominican's reception have responded almost immediately informing that the shoes were found. He even sent me a picture to make sure these were the shoes we were looking for. Hotel sent us a package and we received it in 9 days. I would like to thank Jerome and other hotel staff for their help and excellent service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear,
Many thanks for the kind review.
So good to know that the forgotten shoes are back with you!
Travel on, and don't forget to return to Brussels one fine day...
Sunny regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location close on rough to the grand plazza. Rooms are quite spacious, bed mattress and pillows great! No noise at all so perfect for a good rest. Breakfast is very typical and the bar great! I had an issue with a taxi driver due to my credit card and they helped me immediately and without any hesitation. Absolutely coming back.

Stayed: July 2014
thedominican9, General Manager at The Dominican, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Ruben,
Many thanks for your kindest review.
Never hesitate to come back one fine day soon...
Sunshiny regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Im sure the oinly reason why this is not a 5 star hotel is lack of pool and spa.
It is 5 star in every other respect.
Great location, clean, classy room with a great outdoor courtyard for the nice weather. Great atmosphere on a nightime.
Also need to say the beds are so comfy (I just wanted another night)
Stayed 2 nights and couldn't fault it at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,
A million thanks for your 'top class' report!
I also want to thank you sincerely for granting us the 5th star.
Wishing you the greatest summer,