Let's start with the host/owner, Carmelo. As others have mentioned, the man is wonderful. He is warm, personable, quick to respond to emails, and full of incredibly helpful tips on Brussels (be sure to ask him about the map put out by the locals). In addition, Carmelo went above and beyond the call of duty when he:
1) asked if we had given any thought to making New Year's Eve reservations (we had not)
2) offered several suggestions based on our preferences
3) not only made the reservation for us, but also put down the cash deposit required for the reservation! (we paid him back, of course)
Next, on to the accommodations: Our suite was spacious, warm, and well appointed. The bed was quite comfortable as well (something we always appreciate). Breakfast was served buffet-style and offered a nice variety of breads and rolls w/preserves, fresh fruit, cereal, and yogurt, along with juices, coffee and tea. Oh, and the wi-fi worked perfectly!
Now, here is something to consider: We knew when we booked our stay that the B&B was located in a red light district but did not think it would be a problem, based on the reviews that we had read. However, even though we never felt unsafe as we walked past the prostitutes and their clients several times each day, we had not considered the noise level on the street at night. Silly us! The shouting and laughing on the street below our rooms woke us several times the first night (Dec. 30th) until things calmed down around 2 or 3 AM. HOWEVER, on Dec. 31st (New Year's Eve) we barely slept a wink because the party outside our windows carried on 'till dawn - complete with shouting, laughing, brawling and fireworks. As we said, just something to consider....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nice and comfortable guesthouse in the heart of Brussels with 3 suites with private bathroom, kitchenette, cable TV and DVD, free Wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Brussels@Heart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.