“not the best location”

Husa President Park
Ranked #81 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The staff at this hotel is very nice and helpful. However the weekend I was there, the elevator broke on the Saturday evening. It was fixed by the morning but I was on the fourth floor a bit inconvenient. As far as location it is not so close to the center of Brussels, I chose it for the proximity to Tour & Taxis (which is walking distance). The North Station is close by but I did not feel very safe there as a woman traveling alone. Actual hotel room was clean and well-appointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
HusaPresidentPark, Administration Manager at Husa President Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Sir,

We thank you very much for your constructive comments that enable us to improve our services.

We wish to inform you that we have a free shuttle service available for clients upon request and according to availability.

The shuttle links the North station and the Place Rogier ( Subway station ) located at the entrance of the Rue Commerçante at the following hours:

During weekdays : 7h30 – 8h15 – 9h - 17h15 – 18h – 18h45
Weekend : 9h – 10h - 20h – 21h

We really hope to welcome you again as a loyal client,

Yours sincerely,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

we are going many times in this hotel, very good breakfast, large room, comfortable. the hotel is in a quiet area, but very easy to walk to St Catherine place where are many restaurants and bars, good sphere and night life. The staff is very helpful and everything is very good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HusaPresidentPark, Administration Manager at Husa President Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so honored that you choose the Husa President Park Hotel while you were in Brussels. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this good feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town. If I can do anything for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to call me. The front desk would be happy to connect you to my office.

With kind regards,

The Management

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The place was clean, comfortable, warm and the free wifi (essential) worked well. I agree that there are certain things missing that one would expect in a 4 star (tissues, tea/coffee in the room) and in common with the lamentable trend in Europe they only provide squeeze bottles of some sort of soap in the shower. And there is no bath which annoys some, but not me. The staff were friendly and the stay was pleasant. It is annoying that the bar and restaurant are closed on Sunday -- especially with no coffee in the room, but that's quirky and Belgian. They could think about changing that. The location is a desert and the wind blows very cold in that area, but it is a convenient 10 min walk to gare du noord and Rogier.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The restaurant in the hotel is a little bit hidden. It is situated at the backside of the hotel adjacent to a very nice parc/terrace. There is a great atmosphere and they serve excellent wines. There is a lot of attention to details and service is great. Recommended for business lunches.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HusaPresidentPark, Administration Manger at Husa President Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Mr Glenn,

We’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this good feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them.

With kind regards,

Reviewed February 1, 2013

A good hotel in Brussels ideal for business trips. 10 min walking to the Rogier metro station. Free wi-fi and average buffet breakfast (this should be much improved, e.g., pancakes, smoked salmon, fresh cheese, fried eggs, ready natural orange juice, etc, etc). The bar is ok and serve snacks until late. I have tried the restaurant. They have charged me with a city tax of about €39,50 which I found odd, and it was the first in Brussels this has happened. Overall not a bad experience but lacks a number of pleasant details that characterizes very good 4 star hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Even after reading the review we thought we could give this hotel a go because it had parking at a reasonable rate. It also to get into and out of the city if you are driving a car.

If you do not expect a 4 star then you will not be disappointed.
In European standards this hotel would be rated a good 2 star and maybe at a pinch a 3 star but it is not offering what other hotels of that standard offer.

The hotel is obviously having financial difficulties and hence, have cut all services to the core and well as deleting some essentials service that takes it out of the 4 star realm, however, this hotel still calls itself 4 star.

If you expect a motor hotel then this is probably the standard you are looking at.

Sundays, after breakfast don't expect to get food. Even if you are with you family there is nothing available in the hotel other than potato crisps and chocolates from the tacky machines in the hallways. There is amenities around the hotel for you to get food, hence, you either drive or talk the 20 minute walk into town to get food remembering it is definitely a taxi ride back so the food stays relatively warm.

The breakfast that is offered in the hotel, however, the coffee is terrible and a lot of the food is recycle and put out again and again over days when it is obviously past it's use by dates. This is ignoring the fact that people of cough and sneezed on this food for several days as well but it is put away and brought back out on the same plate in the same position. MMmmm not good.

The staff in the restaurant were not helpful and if fact seemed put out that you asked for a eggs to be cooked. We had to get the reception manager to come and talk with them to get our request heard and once he manager went back to the front desk the staff ignored him. We did not get what we wanted. Therefore, there seems to be a staffing issue here.

Our room was clean but once again the financial difficulties have hit. Not tissues and other little things you expect in a room - like heating! Yep, middle of winter and no heating that worked efficiently. It was turned down across the hotel and there was no way of getting it turned up. It was so cold our son who had a roll-a-way bed and to hop in with us to keep warm. Therefore, the roll-a-way was a waste of money. We paid for their executive room so that meant we received an extra lounge room but there were no lights so it was total black at night. Not even a lamp. This extra room had to be shut off and could not be used because there heating was so bad it was freezing in there. We reported the problem and the workman said he had fixed it but it was freezing.
The towels are a sure indication that the hotel is in trouble financial, thread bare.

Cigarette smoke could be smelt even in the hallways and rooms that were supposed to be non-smoking. We had not knock back the first room because it stank.

Service standards are not what you expect and staff are not very helpful.

Room Tip: I think there is anything you can say to get a better room they are all bad. Try non-smoking and do...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobby1505
HusaPresidentPark, Manager at Husa President Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Bobby1505,

We regret you had a first bad impression of our hotel but are pleased that we could convince you anyway you have made the right choice by staying with us.
We found your comment quite UN fair due mainly to the efforts we made in order to please your requirements. We gave you upon c/i last Sat 13/01 at 1.17pm in a Jr. Suite 3436 with extra bed in your room explaining that we gave you an upgrade to JRS as we do not have TRP room anymore. 15 minutes later you decided to come down to reception saying you rather prefer a non-smoking room; therefore we gave another Jr suite in order to fulfill your needs.
On Sunday you asked for the restaurant and yes it was closed. We offered some good restaurants near city center and also offering you to take you there with our hotel mini bus, but you refused.
Even all said above, we will keep working hard in order to please all our guests, no matter the level of expectations they might have.

Regards,

The Management,.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here for three nights for a business event based in the hotel (January 2013).

The staff are what make this hotel - they really go the extra mile. Everybody was very polite and reception even provided a printer to allow guests to print their boarding passes.

My room was very spacious and cleaned daily. The bed was comfortbale and shower excellent too. WiFi is available for free throughout the hotel, but the reception wasn't very good in my room.

The food was amazing! I was impressed with the variety of breakfast available. Great coffee too!

In terms of location, the Husa President Park hotel is situated in the business district of Brussels, but Brussels North train station is just a 10 minute walk away.

Overall: I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and would love to visit again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HusaPresidentPark, Administration Manager at Husa President Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel.

The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose the Husa President Park Hotel while you were in Brussels. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback.

With kind Regards,