“Worst hotel in my life” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Solys Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brussels
Solys Hotel
Ranked #190 of 200 Hotels in Brussels
Rajapalayam, India
“Worst hotel in my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Worst hotel that I ever stayed. I was given a room in 3rd floor and no lifts. The steps were too narrow that I could not carry my luggages to the room and each floor had about 15 to 20 steps. When I reached the room, I thought I may need a medical emergency. I really died before I climbed the steps on narrow stairs with heavy luggage.

Room was too hot, there was an airconditioner, but no switch for that. I think that is just for a show case. Toilets were not clean. I opened the window and it smelled like ditch outside.

The hotel advertise Free wifi. But it really didnt work. I think they dont have any wifi at all. I had a terrible experience and really the cost you pay here is too expensive for this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a good hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Volcanoking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

This was a last minute business trip, the drill was to get the train from London , get a quick shower in an hotel close to midi station, go for dinner with some clients etc.
The secretary booked it for 295 euro, it was a dump with my room being at the top of the steepest stairway ever, if there was an old witch with a spindle and a poisoned apple i wouldn't have been surprised.
Its in a bad area, it seems like north africa and frankly i was careful. i have never wrote a review on this before but this place was so bad i felt i had too.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MOS1970

Travelers are raving about these Brussels hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

Having booked, prepaid €150 for one night, phoned the hotel to say I was arriving at 22.00, I found on arrival that my room had been sold. The website was by then advertising rooms at €250! The whole place stank of old dirt and greasy food, so when I was eventually put in a taxi and sent to another hotel it was a relief to get away.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

Wireless FREE, Breakfast buffet included, room simple but clean, good value

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

Hotel Solys cancelled our hotel rooms and gave them away to other customers because we arrived after 6pm. Now they have charged EUR99 for cancellation policy. The hotel receptionist was disgustingly rude, and completely unapologetic for cancelling our rooms (also with absolutely no attempt to contact us to confirm the booking) and unwilling to help us find alternative accommodation. I will write as many bad reviews as I possibly can because I have never ever in my 29 years of travelling, experienced hotel service as bad as this.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

I stayed this hotel for 2 nights. Since there are some comments about this hotel, I want to share my experience with this hotel. Overall, I was happy with this hotel.

1. Location
It is about 5-minutes walk from Midi station to hotel. And this location has good and bad things. For good thing, you can go everywhere with Midi station. But, for bad thing, I was not so happy while walking to/from hotel since I felt it is not so safe. Also, hotel is located just next to railway and in front of road. (I guess it might be one of major roads in Brussels.) I admit that people who are sensitive on noise while sleeping must not stay this hotel. It is a little bit noisy. But, for me, it was not a big issue, so I don't have any problem.

2. Hotel
Since hotel building looks quite old, there are some bad things. As many people mentioned, you have to walk upstairs. Also, stairs are so steep and small, so that I felt unsafe while bring my luggages down when checking-out. And though I could see hotels are a little bit renovated, smells in rooms are a little bit bad. But, hotels are clean.

3. Breakfast
Breakfast is simple. There are breads, cereals and yogurts with coffee, tea, juice and milks. It is not a good breakfast in 3-star, but it is not so bad when you think how much you pay for staying in Brussels.

4. Internet
If you have lap-top, let front staffs know and they will tell you code for wi-fi. However, I couldn't connect internet on 2nd day while it was OK on 1st day.

Actually, it is one of low-budget hotels in Brussels. When you are expecting 3-star or comfortable hotels, I would not recommend this hotel. But, if you are expecting cheap and simple hotel in Brussels, I think this hotel can be one of your choice. I don't want to rate this hotel 3-star. But, I will stay here again if I go to Brussels again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Frankfurt Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

I'll be upfront, Brussels isn't my favourite town, and the Gare du Midi area is wwhat you get around any major train station.

That being said the Solys lived up to my expectations for the city/area/price. I chose it because of the location to my appointments and the free wifi. The staff was helpful and the breakfast might have been shy of the €10 price, but it saved me the hassle of finding a place to eat at 6 in the morning.

I'd stay there again if I had business in that part of town.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business