Best Western Hotel Royal Centre
$103
$86
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$122
$114
  • Bar/Lounge
Adagio Brussels Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$123
$162
$120
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson RED Brussels(Ixelles)(Great Value!)
$125
The Dominican(Brussels)
$252
$157
Pantone Hotel(Saint-Gilles)(Great Value!)
$117
$112
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscity centrewalking distanceminute walkcomfortable hotelmini bartram stopdouble roombusiness trippublic transportvisiting brusselsby footbuffet breakfastconvenient locationyogurtparceurosreceptionist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Never been in this hotel before and my last time in Bruxelles was 20 years before, so I do not remember where I spent my 2 or 3 nights that time, but certainly it was not a self-referring 4 stars and the room was larger and the price was not the equivalent of 160 euro for a single room.
This Best Western hotel is central (don't understand who says it is not in some previous reviews, even if it is true that it is uphill when coming back from Grand Place and certainly it is not placed in a exciting area) at a walking distance to the most crowded touristic area and to the metro, has free wifi, is clean and quiet, has a kind and helpful staff and offers a good and quite various breakfast. End of the pros. I was given a tiny room (looking at the hotel plant of my stage, they were all of the same size) from with a really tiny bathroom and a tiny-tiny-tiny bathtub where I had to get my shower, taking particular care when moving between the wall and the removable shower door applied to the tub in order not to slip and crack some of my bones. And every time I flooded the room because the door was too short. My relief? That I was out for work, having not to pay personally the 320 euros for 2 nights in such a room. Bruxelles if quite expensive, but of a 4 star hotel this one here has only the price, trust me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lufa
Slejaer, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel Royal Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 003222190065.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Brussels is a small city. So, you can stay in a cheaper hotel which is not located at Grand Place but is just a 5 min walking distance. The staff is very polite and help you get where you need to go. Close to the subway, nice room and the breakfast is one of the best, with all sort of jams, iogurts, juices, breads, etc. I just though the bathroom is not that clean once I saw some bugs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Me and my friend spent four days here. Was a really nice place, clean and always organize. Staff is really nice and friendly. The location is perfect just walking less than 8 minutes you have Grand Place and around the corner Royal palace and train station. Good price and excellent comfort! The only bad point is sometimes the poor WiFi, But they said are working on it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Slejaer, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel Royal Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Mr rehr52,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 003222190065.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Located bang in the Rue Royal in Brussels, the location is one of the greatest things about this hotel. It is about half a kilometer from the Parc Metro station, and about 7 minutes walk from the Grand Place. I stayed here for 5 days and don't have too many complaints.

Pros:

1. Location, Location, Location
2. Among the only hotels that offers both free wifi and breakfast included in the room price
3. Wonderful Staff - very friendly and warm
4. Very good sleep quality - nice comfortable matresses and pillows

Cons:

1. The Wifi works best only in the lobby. Inside the rooms it is painfully inconsistent
2. Very limited choice for breakfast. Pretty much the same menu for all 5 days i stayed
3. No restaurant. You will have to order from the limited room service. But of course, there are lots of eating options (i recommend Ijsberg for Italian dishes) in the Grand Place (less than 10 minutes walk)

Overall, definitely recommended for travellers seeking value for money. A piece of advise - be sure to ask for the bigger double room. Oddly enough, the hotel has two variants of double rooms, one small and the other one slightly bigger, but both of them go for the same tariff.

The hotel is usually booked full, so it will be a good idea to time your checkin between 12pm and 2pm (standard check in is 2pm)

Have a nice Trip!

Room Tip: A piece of advise - be sure to ask for the bigger double room. Oddly enough, the hotel has two variants of double rooms, one small and the other one slightly bigger, but both of them go for the same tariff. Also, Ask for rooms facing the road :).
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Vijayraghavan

Dear Mr Vijayraghavan,

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Arrived to find what I thought was the usual bottle of water on the table. It was a bit dark, but just thought it was a fancy bottle. Nothing about having to pay for it or a price anywhere to be seen. Upon taking a sip I discover it's wine. When I check out, they claim it's part of the "mini-bar" - 10 Euros for a sip of wine.

Bed not very comfortable.

Otherwise, quiet and clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Quentin Bus-sto... P
Slejaer, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel Royal Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Quentin Bus-sto... P,

Thanks you for your comments on tripadvisor. Regarding the bottle on the table indeed
nothing about having to pay for it or a price anywhere to be seen but there was no card with compliments too.
To avoid a such problem in the future, we followed your recommendation and we put price just next to the bottle.
Best regards