“For all cheese lovers out there, this is heaven!”
Review of Tonton Garby

Tonton Garby
Ranked #3 of 3,579 Restaurants in Brussels
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Brussels, Belgium
“For all cheese lovers out there, this is heaven!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

As super friendly tonton Garby offers a great choice of cheese and makes delicious sandwiches with them. a little chat with the owner is always a pleasure. the man really knows his business well. If you are in the center of brussels, if you like cheese - don't pass by!

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
USA
“Genius”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed right across the street at the Royal Windsor. The first morning we stumbled into Tonton's for breakfast and couldn't believe our luck. We went every morning for the rest of our trip. Tonton is very entertaining, couldn't be friendlier, and loves to discuss cheese. He gave us great advice on comestibles and things to see and do in Brussels. We hope we get to go back soon. Thanks, Tonton!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank spoilednonrev
Newton, Massachusetts
“Visit Tonton Garby & enjoy the best sandwich in Brussels!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I took the train from Paris to Brussels and spent only the day exploring the city. I wandered around the Grand Place area and was looking for a place to have lunch. I happened to find this sandwich shop near the Royal Windsor hotel. Immediately upon arriving, Tonton Garby was beyond welcoming and eager to make sure I was happy with my experience. I wasn't sure what I wanted so I let him recommend. He made me the most delicious sandwich on fresh bread, with a special Belgian cheese, some kind of Belgian apple spread, and sliced apples. It was very delicious and the conversation was equally as pleasant. It was perhaps my favorite part of my day in Brussels, visiting Tonton Garby's shop. I really recommend you stop by and enjoy a very reasonably priced sandwich and some wonderful conversation. Don't forget to sign his guest book when you're there...and then leave a review on TripAdvisor!

• Visited December 2013