“Perfect stay!”
Review of Art de Sejour

Art de Sejour
Ranked #1 of 212 Brussels B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at this B&B for three nights in early February. From the beginning, Mario was an incredible host, allowing us to keep our bags in the house (as we had arrived well before we could check in.), whilst we explored outside. He provided us with many maps of all the attractions and even provided directions to hidden restaurants that we may not have discovered otherwise! (and which aren't the typical ones which tourists may go to ie. in the middle of Grand Place)

The house has been renovated beautifully with only one room per floor, with everything you could ask for - walk in shower (amazing shower), large comfortable bed, TV, fresh flowers, nespresso machine (with extra tea bags that we requested) and fridge.

Mario provided breakfast every morning for all his guests.and this was so filling and so tasty; fruit smoothies, freshly squeezed OJ, fruit salad, eggs and freshly baked bread and croissants – it was probably the best breakfast either of us have had!

Mario made us feel very welcome throughout our stay and the little touches he offered (providing umbrellas to us when he saw it was raining outside), did not go unnoticed. I would compare our stay to a 5* hotel but with a more personal touch!

Our whole experience at Art de Sejour was amazing and there was not a single issue that we had during our stay. I wish we had another excuse to come back!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Accommodations were superb! Very comfortable bed, luxurious comforter, fabulous bathroom, Mac computer in guest room, wifi, spotlessly clean.
Service was above & beyond! Mario is a consummate host. Great attention to our comfort and preferences. Breakfast each day was a lovely experience with delicious, fresh, varied items, served by Mario. The breakfast room was very clean, contemporary, quiet. Perfect in my opinion.
Location of Art de Sejour was ideal for my tourist interests. Easy walking to everything.
Mario, the proprietor, is charming, warm and experienced in hospitality.
I highly recommend Art de Sejour!

Room Tip: Top floor room has two beds.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was definitely the best hotel I’ve stayed in years! The best part is that this is the first hotel where I didn’t even feel I was in a hotel; I felt I was a very special guest in a really nice house.

Mario (who is the owner) first received us with a warm welcome, after that he printed out some maps and indicated us how to walk to the nearest attractions, monuments and restaurants. He was always friendly, nice and helpful; he truly seems to enjoy what he does and shows a genuine passion for customers.

The rooms are gorgeous, elegant in every detail. There’s a mini fridge and everything in it is included; during our stay, there was even a bottle of wine. There’s a computer in the room and the Wi-Fi is free; everything is really top quality. Breakfast was absolutely delicious! Mario prepares it himself and always at your preference. The location is also perfect, 1km from Midi and 500 meters from the Grand Place.

I really have no words to describe how pleasant our stay was in this hotel; I will not even consider any other option when I go back to Brussels.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Antonio C
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The Art De Sojour is excellent A1 accommodation. Mario, your host, cannot make you feel more welcome or provide greater service. The experience at the lodgings is exceptional and so close to the centre of the old town. Unfortunately Brussells itself is not an ideal location. The history and atmosphere of such an historic location is spoiled by the fact that the city appears dirty and not cared for appropriately. That being said, if you wish to experience Brussells you can find no better accommodation than the Art De Sojour.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I'm a frequent traveller and after 15 years going all around the World it was the first time that I felt like at home. Mario is like a good cousin that receives you open doors not only his B&B but his heart and knowledge. Simply said, Art de Sejour is an experience to live in Brussels. My wife is Celiac (gluten allergic)..far before we reach the Hotel he was posting me asking for details about his preferences for her to feel at home. Kindness in addition to a "good obsession" for details all around the place makes this boutique Hotel one-of-a-kind. Enjoy it all!

Room Tip: just trust Mario's taste
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I spent this last weekend staying here with my husband and some friends and we all agreed we could not fault this B and B. From arrival to departure we were treated like honoured guests in our hosts home. We were offered a drink and chocolates on our arrival and show to large elegant rooms. The modern bathrooms, included a large walk in shower, soft large towel and, lovely toiletries. The bed was huge and comfortable with soft fluffy bedding. Our breakfast was superb, starting with fresh juices and a delicious selection of breads, then a cooked selection of our choice.
The decor was lovely and fresh and modern and the attention to detail shone through all areas.
I can't wait to return.......

Room Tip: Both rooms I saw were brilliant and there is a lift if you go higher.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Great rooms, big, couzy, with a very tall roof, clean, with a huge bathroom, incredible breakfast made by the owner in front of you with a great presentation.

Excellent ubication a very gentle and polite service. Just 4 rooms in this boutique hotel, hurry up, you could lose the oportunity of stay in it.

Won't think in any place else when come back to belgium.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple