“Nice bakery” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
“Nice bakery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Nice place, I was there for coffee and cake several times :) It's ok, sweets and scones are delicious. Inside there is a nice atmosphere. The restaurant is very large, so if you do not find a place in the main room, go on to the next. Another is classically decorated (beautifull!) and a lot quieter! I will definitely go back to this cafe more than once.
The only drawback is self-service - the service does not speak English very well ;)

• Visited March 2014

New Mexico
“My first trip to Europe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Paul Bruxelles Fripiers Rue des Fripiers 3-5 1000-Brussels, Belgium
I was passing by on my last day in Brussels and noticed that they had what appeared to be whole grain bread in the window. I went in and waited in the short line. The interior is small and accommodates a line coming in and going out. The lighting is warm and the staff are quick, but helpful. While standing in line I saw that they had an assortment of sandwiches made with small baguettes, an assortment of pastries, and mini croissants and mini pain au chocolat. I’ve always wanted to try pain au chocolat. I got the bread for my husband as he’s not a big chocolate fan. I also got two mini pain au chocolat. One for me and one for my daughter. I ordered in my mangled, survival-high school French. The staff were very helpful. The young man waiting on me asked if I wanted the loaf of bread cut, but he could see I’d exhausted my French so he smilingly resorted to sign language. I brought everything back home with me the next day. It traveled well and we feasted on Belgian baked goods for breakfast the morning after my return to the US. I will definitely stop here again on my next trip to Brussels.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Milan, Italy
“great pastries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I do not know if it's just a coincidence, but all pastries that are called Paul prepare delicious desserts! this is true in Barcelona, ​​where Forn Pau have great pastries, and it is equally true in Brussels, where Paul bakeries make wonderful eclairs, not to mention the fine pastry made ​​with puff pastry! You have to try them!

London
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Just an average chain-store bakery. Dreadful coffee, I think their machine needs a good clean or complete service. Baked items were ok, not notably good. The sales assistant tried to overcharge us by €10 on a small bill: maybe it was a mistake, but it happened more than once in Brussels.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Wayzata, MN
“The perfect morning routine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Paul is the quintessential French bakery. I went there every day for four days in a row while in Brussels. If I lived there I'd likely visit every day which seemed to be the routine of a lot of locals.

Visited September 2013