“FASCINATING WALKING TOUR”

Bravo Discovery - Brussels Walking Tour
Ranked #9 of 74 Tours in Brussels
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Free tour of Brussels - Bravo Discovery offers a quality tour guide service throughout Belgium based on the principles of responsible tourism. We offer you the daily free tours and a thematic free tour a week : Free tour of Brussels, Free tour art Nouveau and Victor Horta, Beer tasting tour, Belgian Chocolate tasting tour, Belgian Chocolate workshop, Comic book walking tour of brussels, Tour Jewish Heritage, Tour Marolles people and trades, Day trip to Bruges, Day trip to Ghent, World War I tour of Brussels. Our tours are available in several languages. Meeting point at 10:30 in front of the Town Hall on the central square (Grand-Place). Find our guides! They are Grand-Place hold a white umbrella
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Had missed this walking tour during my first trip to Brussels. Perhaps the best way to get to know the history of Brussels. Do not forget to ask the guide to show you huge wall paintings - one of them is Tintin and Captain Haddock - which you are likely to miss out while walking on your own. Dotted with pubs and bars spot a place for a drink when the tour is over at Grand Place.

1  Thank PRAMODKRISHNA
in 5 reviews
"chocolate"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We obtained the brochure for Bravo Discovery Waling Tours at our hotel. The first impression of this company was that it is not geared well for English travellers. As far as providing tours for English speakers, first you have to be able to take phone bookings from English speakers and this was difficult. When I called the first person did not understand english and passed me over to another. The second person was only slightly better.

I wanted to book a tour in two days time - the Saturday Belgian Chocolate + taste and make tour. It only runs one day a week. We were told they would call and confirm the next day. I gave my international mobile number but they seemed confused with that, so I resigned myself to the fact that I would probably not be getting a call back.

At 4pm the next day we still did not have a tour confirmation phone call. When I tried to call the number on the brochure again it was answered by someone who couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand her. Eventually she hung up on me. I then called the second number which had an answering machine on it and left a clear message that we were turning up at the booked and advertised brochure time of 2pm on Saturday for the Belgian Chocolate walking tour. We were left unsure if anyone was going to turn up and if we were going to leave Brussels without a chocolate tour.

At 2pm on the tour day we turned up at the designated meeting place and actually found someone from their company at the meeting point. Two other sets of english speakers turned up (2+1), but the guy who was the designated greeter said he was waiting for a group of 3 people and did any of us book?

Eventually an english speaking guide turned up and we were told there would be no chocolate making today - only tasting. First they said there was no making on a Saturday. This tour only runs on a Saturday and it says in the brochure that it is a taste and make walking tour. The guide went away briefly and when she returned we were told it was because there was a celebration in the city and the person who runs the making is closed. If we had known this two days ago when we first called we would not have booked this tour - we would have chosen another that included a workshop. The other three english speakers walked away disappointed - but we decided we had no option as we were leaving Brussels the next morning and if we didn't do it we would leave Brussels not having participated in the number one tourist activity - chocolate tasting.

The lady who provided the tour was very pleasant, but this was only the second time she had given the tour and she had to read most of it from her notes. It seemed very disjointed as she tried to remember all the information and the shops to show us. We were given some history information about the origins of chocolate in Belgium, some information about some of the buildings around Grand Place and we got to taste samples at a few shops and hear about the chocolatiers.

The tour finished at the last shop and we were not returned to our starting point.

We went away disappointed and thought our total of $50 euro would have been better spent buying belgian chocolate than taking this tour.

3  Thank Brisbird
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Great way to get to know Brussels and its history, it's really nice to have a walk around with an expert that can guide you through all the beautiful spots that this city offers

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Nearly 3 hours of Brussels visit only for 15€.
Very professional, and important for not native speakers, very clear pronunciation while fast speaking. We visited some interesting places we could not have realized them without a local guide.

2  Thank ManelSanchezRuiz