“Decent tour for getting oriented to Brussels”

Bravo Discovery - Brussels Walking Tour
Ranked #6 of 33 Food & Drink in Brussels
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Free tour of Brussels - Bravo Discovery offers a quality tour guide service throughout Belgium based on the principles of responsible tourism. We offer you the daily free tours and a thematic free tour a week : Free tour of Brussels, Free tour art Nouveau and Victor Horta, Beer tasting tour, Belgian Chocolate tasting tour, Belgian Chocolate workshop, Comic book walking tour of brussels, Tour Jewish Heritage, Tour Marolles people and trades, Day trip to Bruges, Day trip to Ghent, World War I tour of Brussels. Our tours are available in several languages. Meeting point at 10:30 in front of the Town Hall on the central square (Grand-Place). Find our guides! They are Grand-Place hold a white umbrella
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Decent tour for getting oriented to Brussels”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I'm a big fan of taking walking tours the first time I'm in a new city simply to get geographically oriented and to get an overview of sites, restaurants, neighborhoods, etc. worth returning to. As these tours go, I'd rate this one as average...worth doing because it was only 12 Euros pp, lasted about 2 hours, and served its purpose in terms of geographic orientation. However, the tour was a little light on the description of sites and other things of historical significance. I had read about Brussels ahead of time in tour books and felt this tour glossed over several things that should have been highlighted more prominently. If I hadn't read the tour books ahead of time, I might have come away from this tour thinking I didn't really learn much.

I found this tour from a brochure at the TI and reserved online (no advance research on this one). Logistics seemed a bit disorganized at the start (difficulty finding tour guide at the appointed meeting place/time, confusion about our booking, tour had already started even though we arrived 15 minutes early, and our guide's command of English was a bit strained). That said, after 2 hours with a nice small group, I felt I had gotten a decent value.

Bottom line, I would recommend this tour to others but can only give it 'average' marks relative to other walking tours I've experienced in other cities.

Visited December 2013

Perth, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Waste of money and time”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We paid 15€ for a dragged out tour which was very misleading. Reading the brochure I was lead to believe it involved both the historical and current popular locations of Brussels. However the tour was purely historical, which is interesting until the point where facts are repeated and the tour dragged out to three hours. It involved no discussion of popular beer houses or chocolate shops, and only a sentence on the history of both. I wouldn't have paid 15€ to hear information I could have simply googled. Extremely disappointed by the false advertising

Visited December 2013
2 Thank nadiasharpe
Sao Paulo, SP
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Worthwhile tour, excellent guide”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I like to do walking tours whenever I travel, and this one was very interesting, done on our second day in Brussels. The guide, George, was very knowledgeable and experienced and just a thoroughly nice person. Altogether, a very enjoyable afternoon getting a little more familiar with Brussels and Belgian history.

Visited November 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

A very interesting visit, with a great cultural content, loved it. thanks, the very professional and friendly guide

Visited August 2013