“Well located hotel”

Ranked #13 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Bonomo_Julien, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Reviewed July 20, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed July 19, 2014

If you love ultra-modern furnishings this is the place for you. Ordinarily I prefer cozier décor, but our room looked like something out of a design magazine--sort of a higher-quality version of IKEA style. The hotel is only one year old, so the furnishings are new & clean. I especially loved the built-in leather sofa that ran along one wall. Much cleaner & lest dusty than typical hotel room upholstery.

My husband & I stayed at this hotel while on vacation. We chose it because we were arriving at Midi station on the Eurostar & catching a train to Ghent the next morning. As train stations go, Midi was not bad with lots of little shops & fast-food places. The hotel is completely separate & insulated, so no noises or smells come from the station.

Another reviewer commented about the problem with charging your computer when you're out of the room. The reason is that you must use your key card to turn on the electric power. I don't leave my iPad or phone laying around when I'm out of my room & I charge them up when I'm sleeping, so that's not an issue for me. (It was possible to leave the key card on when you're sleeping, but you can turn out each light individually with it's own switch.)

We had a room adjacent to an interior courtyard, far from the elevator, so it was quiet. The bed was wonderful--firm, yet with a soft top covered with a comforter & duvet. The pillows were the big, square Euro-style ones & the bed linens were high quality. In the European manner the toilet was in it's own little room separate from the bath & basin. Like most European bathrooms, the tub & shower were awkward to use, especially by a "shortie" like myself. There was a grab bar by the soap dish, but too far from the edge of the tub & too low to help steady me. The room had a wardrobe closet, bar, fridge, cable TV & good lighting.

We took a nearby subway to get to a restaurant for dinner, but got lost a little on the way. The hotel offers a breakfast buffet, but we had Continental breakfast in the bar. I think staying at the Pullman was a pleasant experience & we would come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sherry,

Thank you for this commentary from your most recent stay with us at the Pullman Brussels Midi. The hotel is indeed very well insulated, with quintuple glazing windows !

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

We hope to soon welcome you back and hope that at that occasion you will have time to check out our Fit Lounge and spa.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The design and decor of this hotel are wonderful, the room is beautiful, the location - well it's by the railway station BUT I always maintain that a hotels reputation is always at risk when it is quiet, and thus proved the case here. We tried to check in, oh so naughtily, 1 hour before the due time - we were told rooms not ready - the receptionist made no visible attempt to try and see if a room was readied. Returning one hour later, we waited 20 minutes before the receptionist could attend to us - staff obviously cut back, and again on the two later occasions we needed to talk to reception, there was an unacceptable wait, despite other members of staff being clearly visible in the back office. And regrettably it was the same in the bar and restaurant - no customers, lousy service, nobody cares here about the customers. It's a shame because the hotel is beautiful.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chunkyunky

Dear Allan,

We appreciate that you took the time to highlight the issues that you faced during your last stay with us.
Allow me to ensure you that your experience is not at all living up to the standards that we strive for; the waiting time you experienced for check in is a true exception to the quality of service we provide to our guests.

Our Management Team is looking into this matter as we understand the impact it has occurred.

As we are continuously assessing our performance, your comment will be an encouragement to our team to improve their level of service.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Brussels, so that my team and I can prove ourselves a better host to you.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed July 15, 2014

or your computer for that matter. our anything that needs a plug.
For, unlike any other place I have ever been to, the plugs here are switched off once the lights are switched off, so if you leave your computer to be charged overnight for an important meeting tomorrow, or hope to be able to use your phone all day during a long trip, well, make sure you plug them in somewhere else, for you will not be able to do it at this hotel. So long as you do not leave all the lights open all night long.
Other than that, the food is good, the beds are very comfortable, the shower room is very elegantly designed, room service is excellent, but, you know, there are no plugs that operate overnight. You've been warned!

Room Tip: high floor is a must.
1  Thank b0bnw8

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Pullman Brussels Midi on your recent visit in Brussels.

We want you to know that we appreciate that you took the time to provide us with your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to read positive comments regarding our guests’ experiences.
I am very sorry that you could not charge your device at night, resulting to a discontentement.
For sustainable reasons, the electricty in the room will only work if the key card is plugged in.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels take you to Brussels.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Lousy neighborhood, but if you need to be close to the city center, to public transportation and to domestic and international trains, this is the spot for you. Nice breakfast, and perfect for use of trains. Lovely rooms, good wifi connection, and fine business center.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Guy M,

Thank you very much for sharing your most valued feedback and kind comments on TripAdvisor !
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from the extensive buffet breakfast to the very convenient location.

Your comments are most gratefully received and I very much look forward to having you back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was very pleased to discover that this hotel surpassed my expectations.It is located actually inside the Midi rail complex with an entry from the station directly. It seems new, it is very elegant, clean, the staff was very friendly, made me feel at home.They have movie channels for free, also a complimentary bottle of water - a thing I much appreciated and every hotel should provide..The breakfast reached out to the 4 stars and I must say there was nothing reminding me you are close to the railway station (many hotels close to railways are sometimes shabby). If you are at the upper floors you are bound not to hear any noise, at least I did not and this hotel has direct view on the Midi station.
Its greatest advantage is its location and while you can reach Grand Place by walking in about 20 minutes, you can actually be everywhere in Belgium in a matters of few hours - 1 hour to Antwerp, 30 minutes to Gent, 1 hour to Brugge...Not to mention also the Eurostar...

Room Tip: Upper floors are probably better

Dear Biancaelena,

Thank you very much indeed for the kind review.

YouWe are delighted that we succeeded in offering you a memorable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor readers.

You have encapsulated exactly what we are trying to achieve and both the team and I truly appreciate your endorsement.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next stay in Brussels. Please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.