“eclectic personal menu”
Review of Abrussel

Abrussel
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Abrussel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 3,587 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian, European, French, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open from monday until sunday for lunch and dinner. ABrussel is a small restaurant only working with a small menu who is changing every month. Cuisine is simple, with a classic or more inventive choice. There is always a vegetarian choice available, as a Fish and a Belgian choice. We try to make our service friendly but not strict. Abrussel kids groups until 55 person. Possibility of privatisation of the first floor or the whole restaurant.
encino, California
“eclectic personal menu”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This restaurant is a narrow long block off the main square. It has a small menu designed by the owner with fresh products in mind and changes monthly. There is about 4 -5 appetizer and entree options. The appetizer portions are all very large. We ordered the fried brie and steak tartare, which were wonderful. I ordered the vegetarian entrée a lovely, complex saffron vegetable soup. We enjoyed it so much, we came back the next night. I knew the portions were large, so I could only finish the fried brie. My husband ordered the veal cassoulet which was tender and flavorful. We had no room for dessert. The service was friendly and attentive, The atmosphere is relaxed. The owner spends time with you discussing his cooking style and very interested that you have had a good experience at his restaurant.

• Visited June 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Cooking with passion”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

This restaurant is an excellent example of passionate cooking: each dish is prepared with care with its own individual sides and sauces, not generic vegetables and brown sauces dribbled onto every plate. The meatballs are devishly good and the duck is very tender. Desserts are often overlooked in restaurants (for example, being served a cliché crème caramel or boring chocolate mousse) but not here. Service and ambiance are cosy and intimate.

The price-quality ratio is excellent, among the best we've seen up to date in Brussels. And a great bonus: it's located right next to Grand-Place so it's not too boisterous outside.

Bravo to the whole team!

• Visited May 2014
Wezembeek-Oppem, Belgium
“Excellent !!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Everything it's just excellent !! Service has so fast and perfect !! The food it's really amazing , the plate it's beautiful and so good ! Recommend for everybody !!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Oceane V
Cork, Ireland
“Disgusting food... Noisy place... 20 mins waiting to get waiter attention...”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Myself and my partner recently visited this restaurant, and we left very very disappointed, after reading the reviews here on trip advisor, I thought I would be a better experience even after reading the negative reviews I though it was not genuine people leaving those negative comment. BUT ACTUALLY I believe it's completely the opposite and the good comments are actually not genuine. They are rated as a vegetarian available menus restaurant but unfortunately that night even the basic only available vegetarian starter was not available.
The service was not at all good and I believe because they had a big group of people having dinner upstairs thus if you are a couple you are not of big interest to them as the bigger group is spending more money there... The 1 waiter and 1 waitress run up and down and making a big mess next to where we were seated as they were moving tables, benches next to us to reach the boxes where they stored their drinks.
The desert was absolutely tasteless as if it was a pre packed food.
22€ I believe it could have been better spent elsewhere that in that restaurant.
I believe it's one of those restaurant that are only worried about how much money they take in and not love for delivering good meals to its customers.
I recommend people go there once if you want to taste the horrible food that Brussels have to offer.
Btw if you read all the comments the owner has left for the negatives comment left, not once did he apologises for the bad experience the customer had experienced but in fact he/ she only counter attack and I am expecting similar comment for my review as well it won't be a surprise to me...
Thank you in advance for the insults...

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Karen B
Wezembeek-Oppem, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect !”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

First and not the last ! Service excellent , food very very good !! Price not expansive ! And kitchen open ! Just perfect thanks Abrussel !!

• Visited March 2014