“Delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Abrussel

Abrussel
Ranked #38 of 3,523 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian, European, International
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Open from monday until sunday for lunch and dinner. ABrussel is a small restaurant only working with a small menu who is changing every month. Cuisine is simple, with a classic or more inventive choice. There is always a vegetarian choice available, as a Fish and a Belgian choice. We try to make our service friendly but not strict. Abrussel kids groups until 55 person. Possibility of privatisation of the first floor or the whole restaurant.
Oberlin, Ohio
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just had a delightful meal at Abrussel with my husband and two adult children (who have gourmet taste). Delicious food, interesting menu, friendly and helpful service, intimate and cozy setting. The chef himself was happy to answer our questions about the menu, and we received personal attention throughout the evening. Our best meal in Brussels!

• Visited January 2014

Ringoes, New Jersey
“Not To Be Missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Found this on Trip Advisor and we are so glad that we decided to go. We did NOT have a reservation since we had just arrived in Brussels. Originally ,, they said we would have to wait but then checked and were able to seat us upstairs with no wait. The appetizers were wonderful. I had the Foie Gras which was so tasty that my husband, who doesn't like liver, asked for several "tastes". It had a lovely hint of orange zest with put it over the top. My daughter had the Goat Cheese with Olive Tapenade and didn't want to share. My husband and other daughter both had the Lobster Flan which was outstanding. Dinner was just as good but the Rabbit was to die for! Service was great. I can't speak to the desserts since we passed but this is a restaurant that really exceeds expectations. This is not a restaurant for families with young children (which I do NOT see as a detractor). It is small, cozy and the menu is inventive without being over the top.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Christine K
Changzhi, China
“Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The food and service was very good. We enjoyed our menu with a good wine. We liked the modern design.

London, United Kingdom
“Locked out on New Year's Eve”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Furious about this. My reservation was confirmed by the booking site resto.be but when we arrived at 8:30pm on New Year's Eve the restaurant was full. The proprietor Marc said that he had sent me an email cancelling the reservation but I did not and still have not received any such email. So family of four sent on our way in the rain with vague directions of where we might find a table on the busiest night of the year. No surprise that we struggled and ended up going back to our hotel to eat. I'm sure this was a mix up between resto.be and the restaurant, but it was handled very poorly.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Mark D
Marc l, Propriétaire at Abrussel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
I cannot understand why i receive a bad critic from someone who just didn't enter the restaurant.
It goes directely again the principe of Tripadvisor Who is trying to give a classement based on reviews from people who taste the restaurant.
Why didn't you write a review on restobooking in the place of TripAdvisor?
Isn't there you reserve your table? Isn't them who didn't let you know the reservation was canceled? It is not my faut if their site dosn't work properly, because as I said you, when I receive the booking, I directely inform them I couldn't take the reservation and they (normaly) automaticaly send a mail to cancel the booking.
Why then make a review on tripadvisor (your first reveiw...) if it is not just to damage the image of the restaurant ABrussel.
As I said, it goes realy again the politic of Tripdvisor who try to give a total feedback (Kitchen, service, atmosphere, quality/price)...
I think you neither try one of them.
Marc
Birmingham, England
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Great little find thanks to tripadvisor.
Small venue but was greeted by welcoming staff, they were patient why we perused over the menu.
When food came it was fantastic, I had the hare which was delicious.
Wine left a little to be desired but I was warned by the waiter on my choice so that was more my fault rather than there's. Overall excellent value, excellent service, excellent food & would highly recommend!