“Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Abrussel

Abrussel
Ranked #40 of 3,522 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian, European, International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Open from monday until sunday for lunch and dinner. ABrussel is a small restaurant only working with a small menu who is changing every month. Cuisine is simple, with a classic or more inventive choice. There is always a vegetarian choice available, as a Fish and a Belgian choice. We try to make our service friendly but not strict. Abrussel kids groups until 55 person. Possibility of privatisation of the first floor or the whole restaurant.
Changzhi, China
“Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The food and service was very good. We enjoyed our menu with a good wine. We liked the modern design.

London, United Kingdom
“Locked out on New Year's Eve”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Furious about this. My reservation was confirmed by the booking site resto.be but when we arrived at 8:30pm on New Year's Eve the restaurant was full. The proprietor Marc said that he had sent me an email cancelling the reservation but I did not and still have not received any such email. So family of four sent on our way in the rain with vague directions of where we might find a table on the busiest night of the year. No surprise that we struggled and ended up going back to our hotel to eat. I'm sure this was a mix up between resto.be and the restaurant, but it was handled very poorly.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Mark D
Marc l, Propriétaire at Abrussel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
I cannot understand why i receive a bad critic from someone who just didn't enter the restaurant.
It goes directely again the principe of Tripadvisor Who is trying to give a classement based on reviews from people who taste the restaurant.
Why didn't you write a review on restobooking in the place of TripAdvisor?
Isn't there you reserve your table? Isn't them who didn't let you know the reservation was canceled? It is not my faut if their site dosn't work properly, because as I said you, when I receive the booking, I directely inform them I couldn't take the reservation and they (normaly) automaticaly send a mail to cancel the booking.
Why then make a review on tripadvisor (your first reveiw...) if it is not just to damage the image of the restaurant ABrussel.
As I said, it goes realy again the politic of Tripdvisor who try to give a total feedback (Kitchen, service, atmosphere, quality/price)...
I think you neither try one of them.
Marc
Birmingham, England
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Great little find thanks to tripadvisor.
Small venue but was greeted by welcoming staff, they were patient why we perused over the menu.
When food came it was fantastic, I had the hare which was delicious.
Wine left a little to be desired but I was warned by the waiter on my choice so that was more my fault rather than there's. Overall excellent value, excellent service, excellent food & would highly recommend!

Lennik
“Affordable restaurant with good food and excellent service in Brussels City Centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Positives:

- excellent location (close to the "Grand-Place")
- excellent price-quality ratio
- excellent service (even in Dutch by one of the servants)
- nice food
- nice selection of drinks

Negatives:

- atmosphere a bit busy due to limited space (we knew this in advance though)
- ridiculous small glass of wine for the price you pay

A restaurant to be recommended!

• Visited December 2013
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We chose based on trip advisor reviews but were disappointed with the meal. Firstly the glass of wine for 4.80€ was only approx. 100ml. The entire bottle was only 24€. We shared a goats cheese, red pepper and tapenade starter which tasted good, but I expected more of the red pepper. For main course we chose the steak and chips and the poultry galletes. The steak was cooked beautifully, and was a tasty piece of beef but the chips were oily, soggy, the sauce was insipid and the salad of iceberg lettuce was dull. The chicken galletes was a shock of one large chicken mince patty, I guess the translation was ´for a chicken biscuit. The flavour was good, including the polenta and veges, but the size of the patty was off putting and I could not finish the meal. Finally, the dessert of strawberry crumble was inedible. It was just crumble with almost no fruit, dry and floury. For all of this and water the bill was approx. 50€. If this is the style of food you are looking for I suggest going to Publico.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank r0adfill
Marc l, Propriétaire at Abrussel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
I can understand that you don't like my way of cooking, we cannot please to everybody and I'm sure you will prefer to go in a Michelin classed restaurant (not the same price) but when you talk falsely about he wine, I have to react.

All glasses wine are 15 cl and if you can tell: 5x15=75 just a bottle
The price now: 5 x 4.80 (price of the glass) = 24.00 Oh, just the price of the bottle!
CQFD ;-)
So, what's the problem?

Also, price by the glass begin at €3.80 and €18.00 the bottle and we serve all wines by the glass...