“Just like I used to get them as a Brussels' kid in the 80ties”
Review of Waffle Factory

Waffle Factory
Ranked #6 of 61 Dessert in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I lived most of my life in Brussels then moved to the US. Last October, while going through Brussels for Business I decided to educate a US colleague of mine on Belgian Waffles (Gaufre de Liege VS Gaufre de Bruxelles). What a deceptive experience it was! I used to get really good Liege Waffles (the type with chunks of crystal sugar... not the type that you load with fruits and whipped cream) when I was in elementary school and high school at every street corner downtown Brussels. After having tried 2 or 3 vendors in the subway, we almost gave up on getting a truly decent Liege Waffle. By luck, we walked by "The Waffle Factory" (Cora, Anderlecht) and saw the gentleman making them fresh from a ball of dough rather than reheating some pre made waffle that tasted like cardboard. The smile on my colleague's face when he took his first bite of the hot waffle (not mentioning my delight!) said a lot about our quest. Good job Waffle Factory, and thank you for keeping up the tradition!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had the Croc Waf. 2 waffles with ham and cheese in the middle. A version of a panni. Delicious! Hand held lunch while we walked. Only wish I had time to go back and eat one for dessert.

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

In comparison to the waffle sellers on the street, this place is about twice the price but worth it, they are much tastier and freshlu cooked. Loses a point for being way too hot upstairs though, which is the main seating area. Best fast place to eat near the Pis.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Never knew that waffles could taste so light! Loved them. Good service, free WiFi and a clean bathroom. Nothing more to ask for.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We went around 12:30 in the afternoon and had no problems with the staff whatsoever! They were charming and even posed as I took pictures of the preparation! We had the savory croc waf and a dessert waffle. Both were fantastic. In fact hubby liked the savory so much he ordered another for the road! We ate upstairs and had it all to ourselves for quite some time near a balcony. It was fun to sit near the balcony and people watch and thoroughly enjoy our meal. Bathroom was clean and free as well! Not sure if they're the best in Brussels but rated highly in my book! Busy Brussels street but a very pleasant afternoon.

1  Thank nvrdull