“They only want your cash”
Review of Shamrock - CLOSED

Shamrock
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Brussels, Belgium
“They only want your cash”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We went´ot eat with Rajestani vegeterian friends a party of nine just arriving from Paris. It was raining and everybody had walked the center and wanted food. They have a large menu and quite of alot of vegeterian choices. The food is certainly quite decent but slightly overpriced. They do not want to accept de it cards or credit cards which is not customer friendly and anti commerical.I inquired about the boss and asked to speak with him or her. I was advised that she was very old and being over seve th never comes to her restaurant. being myself over 70, I corrected the young waitress and told her that at 70 ypu can still do things and show up at your place of business to hear at times your. customers.

• Visited June 2014

“Really bad. Do not waste your time or money”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Went there last saturday night. I wish we had taken the time to look this place up here before !
Nobody was here eating. That alone should have sent off some warning bells.
Food was not good. Very over priced and we ended up sitting there for 30 minutes (like some other review I now read) while our partners went to the next ATM.
Got a hand written ! receipt that looked like math homework from an 8 year old schoolchild.

Loved Brussel but will never ever visit this place again.
Enough of very nice restaurants to try there.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Guðbjörg I
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Not as bad as previous reviews suggest!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Closest Indian restaurant to my hotel on a wet night in Brussels, so gave it a try. I was the only customer, so service was great, but obviously not sure how it works when busy. Onion bhaji starter was nice, more like indian onion rings than the UK style of bhajis, but very nice with the pickles. Decent range of vegetarian options to choose from. I had channa aloo with a garlic naan, all of which was very tasty. Seemed quite expensive, but then again, I'm not a regular visitor to Brussels, so not sure on prices nearby. Not keen on the smell of josticks or whatever it was they were burning, but otherwise was fine.

• Visited January 2014
spain
“I wouldn't recommend it (to anyone I liked)”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First of all, overpriced and not accepting cards are two things that don't go together very well. I can't believe that in this day and age, in Brussels where you can pay for a loaf of bread with your card, that a restaurant can get away with not accepting cards. This made a bad meal even more unpleasant when one of our party had to abandon the restaurant to go and find a cash machine and tried 5 in the surrounding area that didn't work, ending up having to queue to use the only one that did which was quite a long way away. The service was incredibly slow. It was daylight when we entered the restaurant and past 11pm when we left. I would never had paid 5€ for a beer if I'd known that was the price (it was a bog standard beer - nothing gourmet) and the food absolutely simply was not good enough to warrant the price of the bill. We ended up paying 30€ a head for a pretty rubbish meal. In truth, I should have known that something was wrong when we'd gone to 4 restaurants and been told there were waits of up to half an hour for a table, only to enter this restaurant and find that there were many tables available. Now we know why. Nobody who has been to this restaurant would go back I'm sure. It's a tourist trap. It's also dingy.
In addition, they go to the effort of telling you that you can choose your level of spice, only to give everyone the same spiciness when someone has asked for no spice and someone else has asked for spicy food. The chicken korma was the strangest two-tone pinky sauce with a pineapple on top and the pilau rice only had a smattering of burnt onions, no cloves, no spices. I, for one, will certainly never go back to this restaurant and neither will anyone in our party that night.

• Visited May 2013

Not recommended:

- No cleanliness.
- very expensive.
- Food not good.
- Bottled water from the tap .
- Wines recovered.