“Don’t get the mussels ”

8:00 PM
Ranked #49 of 4,152 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, the Grimbergen Café brasserie is located across from the last vestiges of the city’s first walls, on a lively street at the entrance of the prestigious Place Sainte Catherine neighbourhood. The Grimbergen Café is known for its friendly and welcoming staff and its warm and comfortable ambiance. The decor is inspired by church candles, evoking beautiful abbeys and the savoir-faire of the monks who brew the wide assortment of Belgian beers featured on the brasserie’s menu. Stepping through the doors of the Grimbergen Café, whether for an early lunch or a late-night snack, you’ll discover a space that is large enough for a business lunch or a group dinner, while still being cozy enough for drinks and conversation with friends. Open all day, the Grimbergen Café’s kitchen serves must-try traditional Belgian dishes, including steak-frites and several different variations of Brussels’ best moules frites.
Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Came here as a recommendation from my hotel. Walked the 20min here. Got the mussels as I wanted seafood and it seemed to be their specialty. The mussels with white wine were so bland, I even had to ask if was the correct order. The fries were cold and overall it was a big disappointment. The portion size is big if you can stomach it. I left half mine. The only good thing I had was the Kriek Mort Subite.

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank SocDoc79

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Good atmosphere, good drinks - great staff (Raph looked after us well). Didn’t have the food but looked good - dog friendly

Date of visit: July 2019
4  Thank meganbD6392XS
Reviewed June 28, 2019

I had the mussels and my wife had the flemish stew. Both were excellent and our server Raphael did a great job! I would highly recommend.

4  Thank Rob and Lynda K
Reviewed June 25, 2019

CLose enough and easy to walk to from most hotels. A nice quiet spot overlooking a church. We ordered the mussels in wine and each had a beer. Well worth it and far better than the nearby more touristy spots.

TIP. Two people can easily share one bucket of mussels. The table next to us each person ordered a pot and commented how full they were.

IF YOU FOUND THIS TIP HELPFUL Will you please give me a helpful vote. Thanks.

6  Thank JesseSlome
Reviewed June 25, 2019

We had the worst behavior wich customer can have.... we visited the cafe last Friday afternoon and we asked the waiter where to seat to enjoy beers !! He replied to us with a dexterity behavior that if we will not eat we cant seat..... the waiter
he knew greek language because he heard us talking with my wife.... and again with a
threatening and unreachable manner he almost drove us away .....

4  Thank GLADIAT16