“Lunch was great!”

Dining options: Reservations
berlijn
“Lunch was great!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Eaten there with my girl for lunch. The sun was shinning, and we placed our selfs on the nice looking terras. The waitress was very kind, the place looks great, the lunch menu was well priced (2 dishes for €15,- / starter and main), the housewife was perfect, the sun was shining....what more do you want? Happiness....? : Well we've got that there!
Oh yeah: the portions where perfect, not to big/not to small. And very summery flavours.
Only - is the parked cars in frond of the terras. But that's something they can't change....

• Visited June 2014

Brussels, Belgium
“Crabbegat Lunch”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had been passing by the restaurant for over a year now and finally decided to pop in for lunch. I can't explain how charming it really was. The internal decor was a nice blend of comfortable and character from the past (I think the rose brick building was from the 1500s). The chimney looks very old though the fireplace is now gas I believe. The kitchen in the back appeared to be running quietly and seemlessly.

We had a delicious and filling two course lunch menu for Eur 15 and shared an extremely nice bottle of Pomerol for a vey reasonable price. It was "Brussels food like it ought to be".

• Visited March 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“excellent restaurant!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My family and I have had dinner 3 times here and keep coming back. It is such a lovely place, cosy and with good food.
The food is really very good, I've had both fish, meat, risotto and other courses, and all the family have enjoyed the food. One of my family members have had the same course the last 3 times (duck breast) and enjoys it so much.
Wine card small but good, and very good choice of wine by the glass.
As regards desserts, the crepe suzette are to die for!
Will keep coming back. In winter there is a very cosy fire, I look forward to dining outside in summer.

• Visited February 2013
Brussels
“Keep coming back”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was shocked to read the latest review about the Crabbegat. We are regular customers of this cosy restaurant for some years now and have never found a fault. Of course there might be some minor hiccups but that has rarely happened and it was mostly insignificant. The chef and his wife who usually serves the tables are usually very open to discuss any problems and will go to greath lenghts to rectify mistakes, if any. Our last visit was a couple of weeks ago and we had the most amazing duck as main course. If ever I was left unsatisfied with a meal I would feel free to discuss it with the chef who is always eager for feedback.

• Visited November 2012