“Simply wonderful”
Review of Galler Chocolatier

Galler Chocolatier
Ranked #7 of 137 Shopping in Brussels
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stopped here while walking around Grand Place as a result of Rick Steves' recommendation, and we were not sorry! We enjoyed a tasting while we were waiting, and we bought several packages (and wish we'd bought more!).

All reviews
in 10 reviews
in 3 reviews
in 10 reviews

Reviewed September 16, 2013

As you stand at the entrance of Galler's shop, you notice they are different. Everything is simple yet look luxurious. This is the brand (or one of them) the Belgium Royal Family prefers. Now you step into the door and you can smell chocolate like in many of the other chocolateries in Belgium, but something is different: you do not smell sugar. And it is because Galler's chocolates are less sweet than any other brands we tried (and we tried a lot in 4 days in Belgium). You are right away welcome into the store by a very friendly clerk. As we never tried their chocolates yet, we can get one EACH for free. We go for the pure dark 78% with nothing else. Wow, to die for. You can feel the pureness of the chocolate as it melts in your mouth and the flavor stays in your palate for a long time. We are in heaven.

We buy few more to try different ones. They are all excellent, although our favorite is the white chocolate praline with almonds. Perfect balance of the chocolate, sugar, and almonds. This is strange for us as always our favorites are dark chocolates, so believe me when I say it is good. For few minutes both in the shop and eating our chocolates, we felt like Royal Family.

Note that Galler only export to few places (check their web site), so do not miss the opportunity if you are in Belgium. They do not use any syrup or artificial ingredients. If you get any chocolate with fruit, the real fruit is there together with the chocolate. And while it is not in the cheap side, they are not the most expensive ones, but they were indeed the best (that we tried).

We came back to buy a box to bring back home and we are dreaming of when we are going to eat them. Yummm!!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The service was friendly and informative, even provided a sample!

I'm a huge fan of white chocolate especially with chocolate ganache, caramel and praline - and this chocolatier has it all.

It's VERY VERY good!!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

There are places that offer free samples to try to get you to buy something new, and there are those which let you sample KNOWING that the product is so good that you WILL buy, it's just a matter of what you will buy! That's Galler Chocolatier on the Grand Place in Brussels.

We had walked by early in the morning as the shops were just opening up. It was threatening rain and lights in the chocolate shops were so colourful and warm it was hard not to stop right then. Coming back later in the evening, I sent my boys ahead (I was lace shopping) to pick the ONE chocolate shop that was going to get our business. They picked Galler Chocolatier and so in we went. The chocolatier described her chocolates and then offered samples. The milk chocolate and coffee truffle took my son's breath away ... it was obvious by the wry smile and the light in his eyes. Clearly, we exited with a lovely bag full of these delights. And THEN we walked across the way to the other shop I had already picked out for my treats.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I came here after reading the reviews regarding how perfect the chocolate is. The reviews were right. We spent over an hour trying to find this place because our Trip Advisor app (download/no internet version) stopped working. The one for Paris worked fine which was odd. Anyways, if you have this same issue the shop is located in the Grand Place, about 20 feet to the left of the history museum (if you are FACING the museum). If you pass Elizabeth's Waffle stand you have gone too far. You HAVE to go here. The customer service was great. The gentleman who encouraged us to taste a couple of samples before we purchased was very attentive and knowledgeable. We purchased the mini batons and a sample box. I don't think you can purchase these online to get shipped to the states so buy them while you are there. Don't forget to take them on your carry-on NOT your checked bags.