“AMAZING CUPCAKES!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

The cupcakes are simply to die for. Say goodbye to your diet. Resistance is futile. The place is simple & all pink. The tea's are very good too service in cute teapots. But the cupcakes are simply the best!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been to this place a few times to buy muffins, they have a fantastic variety and they look soo yummy. The first couple of times I've been the produce has been lovely albeit expensive (something I've come to expect in Brussels).

However the last few times I've been, the last time being Friday 3 May 2013, the produce has not been up to standard! I took my friend there and bought a two cookies and a muffin for us to share. My friend commented that the cookie tasted salty, I tried my cookie and found that to be salty also. I'm not sure what they put in their recipes, but it tasted awful. So my friend declined to share the muffin I bought (speculoos flavour). I tasked the muffin and it too was awful tasting. I'm a keen amateur baker so when I broke off some of the muffin to try I noted the smell of bicarbonate of soda and I suspect that they have been heavy handed in it's use. The muffin also had a slightly salty acidic taste as if too much bicarb had been used.

So €7+ wasted on less than tasty produce.

As I've said, I've been there a few times before and there was nothing wrong with the muffins, they are delicious, but I think recently they've suffered from quality control. May be they ought to sample each batch of muffins?

I'll stick to Nicolas Arnaud around the corner for sweet stuff and restrict my muffin purchases to the UK.

Just to add the staff at Lilicup are lovely. I'll give them an average score because I've tasted nice things there before and the staff are nice, but my last two visits have resulted in money wasted.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I try cupcakes everywhere I go and these in Brussels are the best I have ever tasted. The place is very small so eating there isn't really an option for me as it gets quite loud and prices are a bit too high for eating there. Two cupcakes and tea take you to restaurant like prices, but to take away is completely worth it once in a while! Try the carrot cake....

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Lovely creative cupcakes with different types of icing on top. If not in mood for cup cake, nice cookies and biscuits. Good coffees as well. I really recommend a visit and cupcake.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Those guys (girls actually) got this idea years ago. The cupcake range is super large. They are very tasty, creamy and soft... just the perfect suit for Breakfast, brunch or Tea Time! More the Tea Salon is very lovely as you're taking place into a lovely and quite busy store! Aside you could easily savour some other pastries and cookies! What I could add it's that's they're pretty good at selling super cute packaging stuffs and boxes... perfect to bring at some friends' place!