“Good place to eat”

Le Jardin de l'Ilot Sacre
Ranked #3,042 of 3,797 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Telephone Number 02-511.32.75Capacity 50 Diners3 course fixed menu around 18 euros without wineA'La Carte menu 50/60 euros per head including wine.We have known this restaurant for over 6 years and visit it whenever we are in Brussels.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Walking down thus street hard not to be accosted by various restaurant people which I resisted on the first trawl down the road, eventually settling on this place on my return through the street.

I had the Sole with prawns, good portions and great food, though a little over priced. Good atmosphere in the place, I would return if in town again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

At first glance the street, Petite rue des Bouchers, looks intriguing. But as you walk down, it is like a carnival, with the barkers trying to get you in with a rotating cane! They offer the first drink free and lured us in with a warm fireside table on a cold,rainy night. As you will read the other reviews, stay away! We were given food we did not order and after refusing the food and asking for our bill, we were left to sit while 4 of the Middle Easterners conferred. We were intimidated and feared for our safety. we were charged 120 E for fish soup, single serving of fries and 2 beers, that were to be free! I wish there were a way to warn other travelers to look for an experience, but under no circumstances enter the restaurant....even for a drink!!

3  Thank L8niteT
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We going to this restaurant and we be happy to now that place i recommended for you :-)
I visit lot of restaurant in the same street and i think you have sometimes a deception but there it's my second time and i'm very happy to back .... when i return to brussels i'm sure where i stay ....the team it's very funny :-)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This whole street has restaurants on either side. Which means that you can't walk past without being accosted every few steps. Made the unfortunate mistake of stepping into this place, with the owner promising us a free drink.
We ordered cheese croquettes as a starter and grilled Bass for main, along with a beer each. The starter consisted of 3 small pieces of square shaped cheese croquettes . It tasted very nice . Then came the fish which was also good. The prices made me do a back flip and wonder if I was back in Sydney. €11 for the starter and €29 for this single grilled fish.
My husband was convinced it looked a bit dodgy and we decided to pay cash. As expected when the bill came, they'd charged us for the beer. The guy who brought us the bill said only the first drink was free . We had to explain that we had only one drink each. You'd think they'd know how many we had. Anyway, so this other guy we suppose is some sort of manager comes over and corrects the bill , quite grumpy, no apologies, no acknowledgement ...nothing. We made sure we left no tip. As we stepped out, the guy who corrected our bill is suddenly all smiles and asking us to come again. That's because he had some people he was trying to con into coming into his restaurant. It's a bit of a pity because our waiter was a nice chap, and the food was good, but their dodgy method of trying to slip one over us, spoilt the experience , not to mention being very expensive.
My advice.....avoid this restaurant , and also this street . Go someplace where there is a standalone restaurant and I think it'll work out better.

1  Thank Kirthana M
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Don't let them throw you in here! You will be robbed. Not very good food and very expensive.
We got thrown in and got recommended the food. We were 6 persons and it cost us 90€ each which we managed to get down to 70€ after heavy discussion.

2  Thank Simon_JAS39