“One of the best bars in town”

Loui Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with
Loui Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,288 of 4,021 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian, International
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 9, 2017

Extremely friendly and service oriented staff. Excellent drinks and cocktails. Very good food. However, they should offer more finger food. Cosy and comfortable place to enjoy a nice whisky.

Reviewed January 2, 2017

Very good food and drinks and atmosphere.The staff very friendly and helpful and nothing too much trouble.

J-Oldenburger, General Manager at Loui Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2017

Dear Tinakent,

We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your dinner at our restaurant, we are happy to hear that you liked the food and the atmosphere,
In the hope of welcoming you again in the future, the entire team wish you a very nice day

Sincerely Yours,

J Oldenburger

Reviewed December 20, 2016

We were around the center to shop and decided to treat ourselves for what we thought would be a fancy lunch. We are from Brussels and expected the hotel to have high standards and quality food.

We had the chicken cesar salad (23€) and the burger (28 €).

I have seriously not eaten THAT BADLY in my entire life.

The meat was the worst quality ever, the croutons in the salad were "fresh" out of an industrial bag. Not only the quality was seriously disappointing but also EXPENSIVE - the service was also slow and obviously overwhelmed (as well as being sarcastic about it).

If you are visiting Brussels, run in the opposite direction!
As a Belgian, apologies to you, dear visitor - our food standards are usually MUCH higher than this and other restaurants in the city will serve you better but this place is seriously not worth your while!

Move on !

1  Thank camille d

Dear Camille d,

I am terribly sorry to read your disappointment following your experience at our restaurant,
We constantly strive to provide the finest cuisine and the best service and would like to apologize to you as this was not the case during your visit.
I hope I will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.
Please do get in touch with me for your visit to Brussels and I will do my utmost to ensure your experience exceeds your expectations.

Sincerely Yours,

J. Oldenburger

Reviewed December 14, 2016 via mobile

At Loui Bar I felt like in a private club. Warm woodwork, black piano, comfortable leather sofa, helpful bartender and attentive staff serving inventive cocktails. In a quiet and elegant atmosphere.
From a small card to eat I got tasty grey shrimp croquettes and a simple club sandwich with fries and salad. And a pint of a traditional Belgian beer. Relaxing.

Reviewed August 14, 2016

We arrived on a Saturday afternoon, and the bar/terrace was deserted. Just a hand full of customers and a very forlorn atmosphere. It took forever for our drinks to arrive, and when they did, they were not worthy of a five star hotel bar. The Bellini (champagne and peach) tasted far too sweet, as did my husbands champagne cocktail. The prices were however 6 star hotel worthy... The peanuts and olives were tired looking and were again not worthy of cocktails of about 20 euro's. No effort was taken to liven up the atmosphere, no music, no candle light, no fresh flowers.Even when the hotel is not fully booked, still effort has to be put into service and atmosphere for the remaining customers.