Sleep Well Youth Hostel
$202
$128
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$109
$230
$174
Trip.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsusb plugsfoosball tablefree breakfast isfree tourprivate twin roombig shopping streetwash your handsfemale dormluggage roomensuite bathroombrussels nord stationcommon areasclean roomsthe grand placemain attractionscity centrewalking distance
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Yes it is a hostel so it is not luxury. It is full of young people except for me and 2 friends so it can be noisy. The staff however are very friendly, the bar is great value, the breakfast is superb. And above all the price in incredible, as 27 euros in the heart of Brussels. Value that simply cannot be beaten.

Room Tip: We were there when there was scaffolding.if it is still up and there is a room away form it probably worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Flameboy0
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Super clean, organized, in the heart of down town yet just off to the side...basically, everything is within walking distance. I walked from the train station, I walked to everything "cool" within the city. The breakfast in the morning was amazing - the hot chocolate machine was busted so the cooks made me my own cup - every morning without me even having to ask after they knew I wanted it the first morning. I wish hostels everywhere were like this. I stayed in a 8 bed room and was totally impressed. I had better service and food than my fellow conference goers who were staying in hotels at $150 a night. This place is so worth your time, money and I love their "Greenness".

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank naalipalo
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised when I got here because it's not your regular hostel. The place is newly renovated and room facilities almost look like a budget hotel's. The room was very spacious, bathroom was big with hot and cold water, wi-fi was strong even in the rooms. Breakfast was delightful as they had a wide range of choices from salads and fruits, to cold cuts and sausages, to bread and cereal. The location was also very good -- parallel to the shopping district and a 10-15 walk to Grand Place/Grote Markt.

Because it's like a budget hotel, I think most tour packages book the place. During my stay, I saw many old tourists in groups. Again, this is not your regular hostel where you go to the lobby or common area to hang out. There's none of that here unless you're traveling with your own friends.

If you're looking for great comfort, value and location, this place doesn't disappoint. If you're looking for the chill hostel atmosphere, I believe this isn't the place for you.

Reminder: The hostel's street becomes deserted at night. For female solo travelers, it is best to avoid walking alone at night.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank krukruk
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I went there with my mum. She is 60 and loves to complain. But honestly she had no complain for this place. We were in a double room on the 3rd floor. There is a lift, so it won't be a problem even if you have heavy, big luggage. The room is big, clean, and neat with wooden floor. It also has a very nice balcony. Big windows allowing plenty of sunshine into the rooms. Wi-Fi was free and available in the room.

The breakfast was excellent. Wide range of food: bread, ham, cheese, butter, jam, fresh salad, melons, yoghurt, orange juice, tea and coffee. And on the morning of the second day we stayed there, somehow they also serve rice, pasta and drumstick.

The location is good.It's not too far to walk from 2 train station (Central and Nord). And 2 minutes from here, there is a long shopping street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Located conveniently in the centre of Brussels (close to the Botanic Gardens), the Sleep Well Youth Hostel is one of the most popular places to stay for travellers. The one great aspect about the hostel was the map made available by the hostel. This particular map was drawn up by the Brussels locals and it showed you all the great local hotspots. Without it, I think that my stay in the Belgian capital would have been rather bland (if you don't know where to go, Brussels can be quite an uninteresting place to visit).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
SleepWellBXL, The Sleep Well Team at Sleep Well Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hello, thanks for your comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The maps your talking about are made by the USE-IT association. They do an incredible job and we thanks them for that ! They exist for 6 different cities in Belgium and are always available at Sleep Well reception. Regards, The Sleep Well Team.