“Good value - I have seen much worse youth hostels”

Sleep Well Youth Hostel
Luxembourg
“Good value - I have seen much worse youth hostels”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed in this hostel in September with a group of teenagers. The location of the hostel is very central, which makes it easy to find.
The kids had dorms, with shared bathrooms. None of the 27 kids complained, so I take that as a good sign.
The teachers had ensuite rooms, which were definitely ok. They were more or less clean, I don't think that you can really expect more for that money! The shower - well, the first person had a hot shower, the second person a rather "fresh" one.
Breakfast was ok. There wasn't that much choice, but again none of the teenagers of our group complained.
Staff was quite friendly, and we had the possibility to leave our bags in a room before our departure,
If ever I return to Brussel again with a youth group, I will definitely book that hostel again

Room Tip: they have ensuite rooms as well as rooms with shared bathrooms
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Very clean and quiet, however the construction behind the hostel always interrupt.shower was too cold in the morning. lockout time is a nuisance. one of the best hostel ive ever been to.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Siti Zafirah A
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2011

It was close to the subway station, close to a shopping area and pretty easy to find. I found that the morning/afternoon counter people weren't as friendly as the man who was doing the night shift.

For the two nights that I stayed there, there was no hot water. First I was staying in a private suite with washroom included. Our shower did not work, we were reimbursed and they fixed the shower the next day. I used the common shower, and it was lukewarm water, that turned warm but it was ice cold for a few minutes and lasted a long time. I heard other complaints about the lack of warm water. The next day, the shower was fixed but there wasn't hot water. It could be my fault because I did not bother to complain this time because it was similar to the night before. It was ice cold water.

The wifi is paid for. For the time I was there, it was 1 Euro for 30 min or 1.50Euro for 1hr. Which isn't bad, I have experienced more expensive wifi. Breakfast is pretty basic. There is juice, toast, cereal, coffee or tea. Just have to wait a long time for people to get their food. There is a bar downstairs near the washer and dryer. I was part of the Sleep Well Star for the private double, so our room was very big and we had a lot of room.

I'm not sure how I feel about this hostel. The cold water definately made the stay less enjoyable, and our room was facing the parking garage so we couldn't sleep due to the noise. We had to leave our window open or else it'd be too stuffy in the room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This hostel was very clean and professional. The bedding was comfortable, sleep quality excellent, plenty of space to relax in the main areas, great showering facilities (except for the dreaded 10 sec push button) and very close to everything in the city. However, if you are traveling as a couple, be prepared to sleep in separate dorms as males and females are separated. We were very disappointed with breakfast and were expecting that such a large, established hostel would have a decent breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose a private room if traveling as a couple
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I spent one night in a shared dorm and one night in a private room. The price difference for each was marginal.
It wasn't overly social, but then again, I didn't get there until quite late at night.
It was spacious and friendly enough though.
Remember to take your own towels and jandals for the shared shower.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ChezzaSue
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This hostel is huge and clean. It felt more like a budget hotel than a youth hostel. The prices were the best I saw during my entire trip through Europe. We were able to splurge on a private room because of the savings. The bathroom was huge but towels are not provided. There was also a little tv in the room though we didn't end up using it.

The staff was helpful. You can buy discounted tickets to a lot of attractions at the front desk and the staff had some great recommendations of what to do. Breakfast was basic, but free. The first floor had computers (pay for internet) and a game/movie room. There was a bar in the basement but it wasn't open the whole time we were there.

Just a short walk to central station, the Grand Place, and every restaurant or bar you'd need during your visit. The Rogier metro stop is nearby but we didn't really need to use it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank phillyjolie
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The hostel is well situated,metro Rogier behind City 2 shopping Center and Inno Galleria, very bussy during the day, but during the night is very quite.
The hostel is huge 6 flors, 14 types of rooms and i saw guest from all over the world.
I had a bed in a dorm with shared bathroom; not that bad, but between 11 and 3 pm the rooms are closed for cleaning "lock out",simple breakfast (coffee, toast, cereals, milk, tea, butter, jam, some belgium "thing" called speculose that's very tasty); clean and basic utilities.
You can go to your room beggining 3 pm but as i arrived in the morning , i've dropped my bag in the luggage room that's no secured, paid, got my key and head to the town center 10' walk.
cheap=less free services provided(no towels, no soap, no free internet) but you can rent or buy everything at the reception if you need. if you need comfort just get a hotel more starts, more free services included

Good:
helpfull stuff (i did my check in with Ovi, he even made me a different walking tour; i really apreciated that)
internet point (paid but good pc)
book exchange point

Bad:
the card from the room and elevator had to be change often
noisy during the night
small place to lock your valuables in the room

If you like beer, chips, mussels, chocolate and waffles, you will love Brussels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends