“Nearly perfect”

Ranked #47 of 127 Specialty Lodging in Brussels
John O'Groats, United Kingdom
“Nearly perfect”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Thon residency is in a great location and the flats are superb ,well maintained and very clean .
Although they cocked up our booking a little the manager was helpful and efficient , giving us a refund and treating our party of four to free breakfasts . The only downside to our stay was the night club at the rear that doesnt quieten down until 5am .

Room Tip: the rooms furthest away from avenue louise are the one closest to the noisy night club :(
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Be careful- Robbery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Problems with the hotel began from the first step. In all hotels in which I stopped earlier check in time start from 14.00.Even in another Thon hotels. Here i can check in at 16.00. Departure in 11.00.And at this time begins cleaning process.Girls at the reception said that Residence Florence have only 1 girl to clean appartments! My request to report to me if room will be cleaned earlier they ignored. I requested the upper floors and double bed during my booking reservation.. When I dragged my trunks from the Stephanie hotel with receptionists to my apartment (meters 400-500) i found out that i have the ground floor and 2 single beds! They refused to move me! On the second night my window was revealed and robbers stole all my money, mobiles, watches and documents! As it proved to be subsequently from the same apartment through same window were stolen thing in the previous tenant of 3 days ago!!! Hotel did not verify window and put me into the same apartment even without having warned! I called police.They came in 10min,moved around,asked some questions and left without giving me any protocol. without which I could not obtain permission to the departure from the country from my Consulate.I called to police again, they even did not put any report to the police computer about this theft! I called the police again.Police arrived after 2.5h.I asked them to compose protocol and to copy fingerprint from robbers that were everywhere excellently seen. On that the police answer- this is not their work and it is necessary to call experts. I wrote statement, but during the subsequent 3 days to me no one respond.
No help from hotel at all!!!
Worse experiment in my life from the contact with hotel and police of Brussels! STAY AWAY

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Stockholm
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Well located 25 m from Av. Louise and close to the Stéphanie area not too far from Grand Place and the Gare Centrale. For not much money, appr 100 EUR, I got a nice furnished apartment with a nice living room, kitchen and bath room. You have to manage your breakfast on your own or got to the main hotel two blocks away. Well equipped with, TV set, music equipment and WiFi.

Check in and check out in the main hotel in Av. Lousie. Nice and helpful people.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Varanasi, India
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Thon residency is in a great location and the flats are huge. we stayed in a 1 bedroom appartment in 3 and it was more than comfortable. The bed room is huge and we had a sofa bed in the living room.

internet was good, but it often disconnected. remember that the check in is done from the hotel near by, the Thon Hotel.

This is a great place if you need to work and want to have a longish stay, i think people rent the apartment for even 3-4 months.

i wondered why there were lots of 4 star ratings and not 5... and then i was convinced. this is a great place ad a great bargain (you even get a car parking spot with the room, sauna, and gym facilities) but they forget to give some attention to the details. For an example the room is cleaned once a week and we stayed 7 days, so our room was never cleaned. It is better to say we clean once a week, you decide the date.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
olympiad
Reviewed December 16, 2010

My husband and college age son spent 3 nights here in November. We found the apartment to be very clean and comfortable. We had plenty of space: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms , a living room with a nice comfortable couch and a small kitchen . We were able to eat breakfast in the room, make our morning coffee and plan out our daily itenerary. We sometimes picked up a light dinner at the local stores and ate in the room at night. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance as well.
The location is very nice, convenient to metro, bus and easliy accessible to the train station. Loads of high end shopping up and down the avenue. Our beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms very quiet at night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
LONDON
Reviewed August 13, 2010

GOOD POINTS: Nice location, very large appartment, in fact very posh. Everyone thinks you paid a fortune to stay there. you can walk to the city center. Nice environment and free secured parking. My appartment felt like a penthouse.
BAD POINTS: No air con, the double bed is two single bed put together and poor bed quality. The tv in the bedroom was not working and fan in toilet and bathroom not working. The cleaning is not really done properly. The appartment was dusty, the bathoom was clean but a better job could have been done. The general appearence was clean but looking at the details, you do notice that the management is not very strict and does not maybe check to make sure that it is spotless and this is what is leting it down. The only way to make sure that no negative feedbak is given is to make sure everything is working and cleaned properly. we did have 2 little fans in the bedrooms but these apparts are posh and in a good locations, so fans are not enough, there need to be proper air con.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Spent a week in Brussels with my sister in law in February and she chose this apartment hotel in a fantastic location. It is on a quiet side street. We had a lovely two bedroom, one and a half bath apartment, with living room, dining room and kitchen. The cost was well below local hotels and the comfort excellent.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business