“Enjoyed this place even more the 2nd time”
Review of Hemgie's - CLOSED

Hemgie's
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was in Brussels on business over Valentines day and was concerned we would not find a place to eat. I took the group to Hemgie's and we got one of the last available tables. The menu is small but they also have a menu with their specials. Our party had the Hemgie burger, the Thai delight and the Miss Daisy. Everyone enjoyed their food. The highlight of the evening was the desert. We had two of the deserts from the special menu. One was the Carpaccio ananas - which was thin sliced pineapple with excellent coconut ice cream. Delicous. The other desert was the Nougat glace which was fantastic. If you check in on Foursquare you get a free drink. Will return here when in Brussels.

There are newer reviews for Hemgie's

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Today, after movies I decided to go to this place given the excellent reviews written in tripadvisor. It was 8:20 p.m. when I arrived to Hemgie's. When I entered, I asked one of the waiters a table for me and he simply told me that they will not be able to serve me today because the place was full. First of all, there were a couple of empty tables there without reservations (there were not any "reserved" sign). Second, you do not say that to a potential client at 8:20 that your resto is full so I cannot provide you service today. You might say, "We are currently full, you could come back in .... minutes and maybe I can find a place for you." or something like that. In my opinion, this is another example of turning success into failure. I will not try this place again.

1  Thank Beto79
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

some classic burgers but lore interesting try the creation of the chef ....good french fries good service and good wines look at the suggestions on the board ...

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food at Hemgie's was excellent. They offer hamburgers that are a bit different from the good old hamburgers and it was very refreshing! The price was also refreshing, you can have a great meal for less than 20 euros if you wish. We had a bit of an issue with our reservation but the waiters were very helpful and managed to find us a table pretty fast, which was great otherwise we would have missed out on those awesome burgers! It gets very busy so make a reservation!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor we went here for lunch today and are really happy we did so! Decorated in darker tones this restaurant has a great relaxed vibe. A nice break after all the crowds out in the streets.

The service was courteous but it was the food that truly sets this restaurant apart. The food was amazing. The people at our table had beef carpaccio, salads and burgers - Tex Mex and the Hemgie's - with fries. We all shared as the food was so delicious.

Sadly missed checking out the desserts as we were full? I will make a point to visit this restaurant again should I return and will definitely refer it to friends visiting Brussels in December.