“Very good if you are flexible and not in a hurry”
Review of Sucre Sale

Sucre Sale
Ranked #2,689 of 3,715 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe in front of the bus stop.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have had lunch several times at Sucre Sale, a very pleasant coffee shop/restaurant, strategically located in relation to Ixelles shopping. :-) The food is generally excellent, the service variable: sometimes reasonable, sometimes slow - and not clearly related to how busy the place is. Very varied choice on the menu with great sandwiches, quiches and salads. I suppose it is a sign of fresh foods that you have to be prepared for your first or second choice to be unavailable, but what we have ended up eating has always been good. Great freshly pressed lemon juice, but the specialty coffees are hyped (and not easily available :-)).

Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you are not in a hurry this is a good place to enjoy a really good sandwich.
It was not at all busy the day we arrived, but we waited a long time before being served and a long time waiting on our meal, which was fine with us as we were looking to get off our feet after a long walk and just talk for a while.
Our food was really good, tasty and reasonably inexpensive - the baked goods looked fantastic.
With an Improvement in service I would rate higher but I did have to take the very slow service into account.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We chose this place for a Sunday lunch with friends. Our expectations were very simple: To enjoy a nice moment with friends around a good lunch.
But things happened differently: nobody welcomed us; we had to interrupt one of the waiters after 5minutes wait in front of the counter. Once we were seated we asked for the menus and we ordered 5 minutes later. We first received the water and the coke and 10 minutes extra wait to receive the 2 orange juices. We ordered 3 pancakes and 1 croque monsieur. We received 2 pancakes after 15 minutes and the last one 10 minutes later and were told to wait an extra 15 minutes for the croque monsieur. Because my friends had finished their meal already I asked if this could be served faster and was told that I could simply cancel my order as well. I would have done this only if I was not hungry! But I decided to stay and wait instead. The order finally came 20 minutes later. The quality of the food was ok but no need to explain how disappointed we were at this stage.
We were expecting some sort of apology but instead got the bill and no thank you neither good bye when we left.
I DO NOT recommend this place to anyone.
This place could be very good because of the location and the place itself but the unfriendly staff makes it an horrible place to be.
There is no extraction in the kitchen area that results in having your clothes and hair smell like food.

3  Thank E_Dubai_traveller
Reviewed April 8, 2013

There is a great variety for a week end brunch and if you want to invite your friends you should definately book in advance a table in the back room, which is like having the place only for you and your friends.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

These guys make a tremendous sandwich using the best ingredients. My baguette was very fine indeed, and I'm known by my long suffering friends as a fussy bugger. Filling was delicious too. Alongside that my coffee was served in a pre-warmed medium sized Illy cup, with thick crema topping it off. Staff were friendly but not overly so, service was unhurried but that's ok, and the price was really good: less than 4 euros for the sandwich.

1  Thank Darri