“Right in the middle of town”
Review of Hotel Saint-Gery

Hotel Saint-Gery
Ranked #56 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The location of this place in unbeatable. You can easily explore the city centre by foot from there (wear steady shoes with all the cobbles!). There are great dining and drinking options in the direct surroundings of the hotel, which is situated at a lovely square. Also you there are many public parking garages around which are reasonably priced for around 17 euros per day.
We stayed in a Junior suite, which was BIG! But I had some problems with the decoration. At check out, reception said they already ordered new mattresses so they will probably solve this issue, but our beds kept sliding apart. And we ordered a double bed…I literally had to stay at my half of the bed, or I would fall in between! A good thing to check out when you book a double room for a romantic getaway…
The look and feel of the rooms is very classy, especially the bathroom. But the bath that doubled as a shower was leaking loads of water when showering. So we had to put a lot of towels on the ground. Not so classy…
The reception staff was very nice and thoughtful, but what I did not like, is that they leave after I believe eleven at night. I just feel safer when there is someone at reception during the night. Especially should I travel alone. They have a lot of security camera's there, but I like the possibility of calling reception in case of emergencies (something I once experienced at a hotel, with a drunk guy who kept knocking at my door thinking my room was his).
One last thing: they only handed out one keycard. I like the idea better of handing out two key cards with double occupancy. What would have happened if one of us lost our wallets? And nobody being there at reception after eleven at night? Just an idea…
Because of the location, I would maybe stay here again, but I am not sure yet. There seem to be more hotel options around there.

Room Tip: Check if the beds are real doubles or two singles pushed together should you travel as couple. And I...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had 2 different stays at this hotel and they were great. First the staff is really friendly. The rooms are nicely decorated and well appointed. Some people could dislike the lack of privacy (not a problem for us). The location is really great. It can be noisy at the week end as there is a bar downstairs but it was not that disturbing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Gorgeous boutique hotel with lovely art work and a great feel-good factor in the middle of an area with great bars and restaurants. Amazing service. Everything you need in your room and nothing
you don't all tastefully kitted out. A warning for those who don't like small - they are very! But that's why they are such a good price. Great breakfast. I will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I loved the modern rooms and the materials and art they used throughout. Being close to the center of town but not right in the center made for a good night's sleep. I liked the free water in the room. It's a little bit of a walk to the central station with luggage, we opted to take the subway stop Bourse---very close to hotel-- to Midi or Nord instead of walking to Central when traveling to/from the airport. If we have a layover in Brussels I would definitely look into staying here again. Open floor plan was OK for me and hubby but probably wouldn't work for non-romantic traveling partners.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The rooms here are absolutely fantastic. Ultra modern with a huge comfortable bed, mini bar with complimentary water (which you can have replaced as many times as you like), safe, and open plan bathroom. I personally loved the layout of the room although it could be awkward if you're staying with anyone other than a partner. I think the only improvement would be hot drinks making facilities in the room.

With regards to the rest of the hotel, the reception staff were friendly and welcoming and it's situated only a couple of minutes walk from the main square which is fantastic. We didn't hear any outside noise from Place Saint-Gery, we did stay during the week though so don't know if this would be the case at the weekend.

The only negatives were that the decor in the reception and in the hallway on the floor where we stayed were not to our taste at all (think pictures of half naked women masquerading as art, and bizarre animal circus type pics). Also when we arrived, the corridor that our room was on was filled with dirty sheets and laundry trolleys that we had to step over and around and the door to our room was wide open as the cleaner had only just finished cleaning it even though we checked in after 3pm when the check in time starts.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I visited Brussels and I would recommend it but only to couples or single travellers due to the room layouts.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel might have good rooms (that's why i initially booked there), but the terrible exchanges i had with the receptionist when i explained my situation was the poorest i have seen in this industry!!!

Indeed, due to luggages delay at the airport, I arrived 30min after the closing time of 11pm, and couldn't have any access to my room!!
Despite multiple proofs of my presence, they considered me as NO SHOW CASE and forced the full payment of a night.

After waiting two hours in front of the hotel, I lost hope and took a room in another hotel , with of course no refund from Hotel Saint Gery.

Rude management, and disastrous customer service!

Will never go there again.. at your own risk!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank skander13
Saint-Géry Hote... B, Propriétaire at Hotel Saint-Gery, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Sir,

Although we understand and regret the inconvenience we would like to point out to you that our hotel lobby is closed everyday from 11 PM to 7 AM. This information is available on our website, on all booking sites and on the booking confirmation.
When a client is supposed to have a late arrival our staff always sends a reminder by mail and/or SMS clarifying that the lobby is closing at 11 PM. An explanation of how to access the hotel after 11 pm is also provided.
Our staff also tries to contact the guest to see at what time the client thinks he will arrive.
The girl that was on duty that night waited until 11.15 PM before leaving the hotel.
Unfortunately you arrived at 11.25 without given any notice to us that you would do so.
Therefore there was no certainty at all that you would show up that day.
If you would have informed us of your late arrival in advance, no doubt our staff member would have waited another 10 minutes in order to check you in.
We would like to inform you that we tried several times to get hold of you but couldn’t get through.

Again we regret this inconvenience.

Yours faithfully
The Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I spent three nights in this hotel. The reception is closed after 11pm, we warned. We booked a junior suite, which a very little suite. Our room was on the top floor, very nicely decorated, really liked the interior, huge (and I mean huge!) comfortable bed. Very beautiful modern bathroom (but not separated, which might be a problem if you are sharing a room with a friend or somebody who you are not intimate with). The shower was very trick, I had to call the reception to ask how it works. Complimentary water in the fridge.
Breakfast until 10 am in weekdays and 11 am in weekends. Very quiet breakfast room. The choise somewhat poor and disappointing.
The staff extremely nice, helpful and polite.
The neighbouring bar is extremely noisy, concerts until very late Friday and Saturday. Until 3 am at least. Earplugs don't help as it is the beat from the bass that is making your whole body to vibrate in the bed. Not possible to sleep at all. Come here in weekdays if not a very heavy sleeper.
The stairs are covered with black carpet where all the dirt is very, very noticable.

Room Tip: Go for a large room or junior suite, ask for the last floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple