“Great location and great decor”
Review of Hotel Saint-Gery

Hotel Saint-Gery
Ranked #58 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Enjoyed staying here, in a good location - walkable to main sights and in a trendy, bar filled district which felt nice to be in at night. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was well thought out and quite funky in design and the rest of the hotel was similar (though wasn't that sure about the photos of naked women in the lobby). Breakfast was good, with some hot options, good coffee and the promise of waffles if you wanted them. Bar downstairs (live Jazz on a Thursday night) was buzzy at night and I could definitely hear the music from my first floor room until late, but it wasn't too loud. As a previous review pointed out, there is building work going on next door to the hotel (converting it to a new cultural centre) and I wasshaken awake at 7.15am by 2 hammer drills drilling into the wall - but I needed to be up anyway. I think that the rooms on the other side of the hotel were not too affected by this and the drilling part of the work has probably stopped now, but if you you are planning on a stay in the next few weeks (April/May 2013) and want a lie-in perhaps ask for a room on the non-building work side of the hotel. Overall would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Darllengar

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is located in a really trendy part of Brussels - and just a very short walk away from the Bourse metro station. Although the corridors are narrow and it feels quite cramped, the room I had was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom area was very nice.

There was some noise from the bar below - but not too bad. There were also building works next door where the workman start early - both those should end soon.

The breakfast was actually very nice - and not too expensive for Brussels.

All in all, a good place to stay. Would definitely come back - but perhaps after the building works next door have finished.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I found the St. Gery Hotel through the Internet and booked the Cosy Single Room. The following day I requested my reservation to be changed to one with a Queen Bed, and received a nice email confirming the change, while keeping the single bed rate. Excellent way to start my trip!

The hotel has a great location, with plenty of bars and cafes around, and only a 5-minute walk to the Bourse station. My room was on the third floor, facing St. Gery Square. It can bet a bit noisy at night (in fact, I was woken up by a lover´s quarrel in the square during the middle of the night!). It was very small, but very cleverly and fashionably designed, and manages to provide space for everything (albeit a very reduced space!), including a nice glass shower in the middle on the room. There´s also a mini fridge and a laptop safe.

There is a very nice bar and restaurant behind the reception desk, where live music is played at night. Sound insulation is good though, at least on the third floor where I was staying. Breakfast is served here too, which includes and nice variety of pastries, yoghurt, waffles, juices, cereal and fresh fruits.

The sour note came upon checking out. When handed the bill, I noticed that I was being charged for breakfast for the two days I stayed there. I pointed out that the reservation clearly stated that breakfast was included, yet the young girl at reception insisted otherwise. And then, much to my astonishment, she said, “well, it´s only 24 euros anyway”. Fortunately enough, I had copy of the reservation email, and after showing it to her, the only response was a mere “oh, ok”, without an even simple apology.

So, beware of billing practices here. Other tan that, it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank fmonti
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Location is excellent, central located. The service is good, the staff are very helpful & friendly. The premises just been renovated so all the rooms are new & modern. Very clean and compact. I stayed in a single room, yes it's small but nice proportion & design so I don't feel cramped. Free wifi provided, laptop with internet is free to use by the reception. One negative thing is... in the weekend there's a music concert in the bar next door, you can hear the music through out the building, loudly ! I see another negative review about this too. But it stops exactly at 1 am. I didn't mind that as I only stay for a night, had late dinner and didn't plan to sleep early. If you need an early night, don't stay here during the weekend. But apart from that everything is perfect. If you're unsure, call the hotel 1st to know the music concert schedule next door.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Saint-Géry Hote... B, The staff at Hotel Saint-Gery, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Luv,

thank you for your review!

It's a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It's true that in the weekends there are concerts in all the neighborhood and in our bar,
but Saint-Géry is one of the most lively area of Brussels and people choose to come here also to find some entertainement.
For guests who really need a silent night from early evening, we have quiet rooms, we just need to know the special requests before the arrival, to be able to arrange everything at our best.

We hope to see you another time at the hotel, don't hesitate to contact us to express your preference.

Kind Regards

The staff

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Hotel was a surprise - very cool design; even if rooms are small, they have all conveniences necessary for comfortable stay. Huge, transparent shower cabin right next to the bed was the biggest surprise; I guess that may add some spice if you are couple staying there (as well as erotic photos exposed in the lobby).
Breakfast is good, but I assume you can find something cheaper in this neighborhood. Lively bar in the ground floor features live jazz music in weekend nights, but unfortunately noise can be heard in first floor rooms.

Room Tip: Don't choose first floor rooms if you are going to bed early; noise from bar will disturb you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Saint-Géry Hote... B, Le staff de l'Hôtel Saint Géry at Hotel Saint-Gery, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Antuanete,

thank you for your stay with us and for your review.

We're glad you enjoyed our tiny room and you liked the stylish details and comfort.
You can find cheaper breakfast in the neighbourhood, but we still offer an excellent quality-cost breakfast, with a wide variety of good products.

First floor can be a bit noisy on weekends, but we have some quieter rooms for guests who informed us previously about their preference. We do our best to satisfy all the requests, but Saint-Géry still remain an animated area of party during the weekends !

We hope you'll be back for another experience with us, don't hesitate to contact us in that case and we will be pleased to take care of your preferences.

Kind Regards

The Staff

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at this cosy little hotel, in the very centre of Brussels. Live art (painting, photography,...) is everywhere and the modern design adopted for the rooms does not prevent comfort and functionality. Self-sevice breakfast is generous, offering tasty french-style pastry along with international standards. The staff is very friendly. Although in the middle of a restaurants&bars area you are not bothered by noise at night (I stayed at floor 1...). Very clean/tidy. There is a supermarket around the corner. Two main Metro/Subway stations are within 2/4 minutes walking time. Daily fees are reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Saint-Géry Hote... B, Le staff de l'Hôtel Saint Géry at Hotel Saint-Gery, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Lucena,

it's a pleasure to see you enjoyed your stay at the hotel!
We're glad of all your appreciations and comments and thank you for the great illustration you made of our Saint-Géry Boutique Hotel !
Our location is excellent and all that you could need is just next to the hotel! This can be without a doubt a plus for a stay in Brussels!

Don't hesitate to contact us in case you'd be back to Brussels and we will be pleased to take care of your preferences.

Regards,

Saint-Géry Staff

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a hotel which might bring about controversial judgments.... of course, as usual, it depends what you are looking for.
If you look for a silent and secluded hotel where you look for relax then it is absolutely the wrong place to go. It is in the heart of Brussels - close to the bourse and very conveniently located if you have business downtown... but lots of pubs and restaurants around, which might become quite noisy. I was lucky it was -5 and people felt unconfortable on the street. Avoid rooms facing the square and ask for rooms looking over the courtyard.
I had a small (12mq) single bedroom, very clean and "fancy". The washbasin was almost in the middle of the room and it was not very practical as you might splash around, in particular when you shave. The shower, however, is large, confortable and nicely designed.
The personnel at the reception was very kind and helpful (not to be taken for granted) and the price was very low for Brussels 79 euros per night (without breakfast and taxes). All in all a positive experience which might turn into a nightmare if you are not lucky...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

we thank you for your stay and your review.
All the staff is glad you appreciated our help and support.
It is true that Saint-Géry is an animated area of Brussels and it offers a variety of choice concerning pubs and restaurants. Many guests choose our hotel because they like this location and they know they won't get bored during their holidays or after work!
All our rooms have triple glass windows and already at the upper floor on the street is very hard to hear some noise. We also have very quiet rooms on the backyard available for guests who want to make sure a 100% calm stay.

We invite you and all guests who plan to stay at Saint-Géry to contact us directly so that we can take care of special requests and make sure your stay will respond to your expectations!

Looking forward to see you soon at the hotel,

Saint-Géry staff