“Adorable hotel in a great location”

Pillows Grand Hotel Place Rouppe
Ranked #6 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel with another couple. Upon arrival, we were greater in the lobby by the very friendly and helpful staff. In addition to getting us checked in quickly, they also provided us with a map of the area and pointed out locations for restaurants and other attractions. The beds were very comfortable and the room was just as cute as the lobby. I was somewhat underwhelmed by the breakfast but the location was great and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jacque C

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We loved the modern look and feel of the hotel and the beautiful, spacious rooms and lovely wallpaper and furniture. The location was convenient to the city center and trains but not on top of the main tourist attractions so rooms were quiet and the value exceptional. The staff was friendly and accommodating – even helping us navigate using public transport (which was very easy). I wish this chain was in every city!

Room Tip: The rooms with most windows (corner I believe) are much smaller. We switched to a room with fewer wi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2013

From fantastic staff, to incredible furnishings and exceptional comfort this hotel was more than we could have ever imagined. The bedroom was stunning, with a view over the square and the bed was 'marshmallow' soft. I contacted the hotel directly to request breakfast in bed, although this is not something they normally do they were more than happy to oblige and true to their word the breakfast arrived with fresh coffee and all other breakfast treats, it was fantastic. Those little details are what make this one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. In terms of location we found the Gran Palace was within a 10 minute walk and all other attractions were within the same distance. Likewise the Euro Star station is within a 5 minute taxi ride costing 5 euros, or I would imagine a 15 minute walk. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially couples or those looking for a little bit of luxury.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Lovely staff in this very clean and modern hotel. Well located for a few days in Brussels..
Tea and coffee are plentiful. Local bars are also very nice and friendly and only a short walk to the Eurostar station.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and one very nice hotel , Situated about 15 mins from the Grand Place and over the road are numerous bars which serve good Belgium beers / food with friendly locals ,one felt very safe and comfortable.
If we were to stay in Brussels again , This is the hotel as very reasonably priced , excellent well trained staff , nice bedroom and the breakfast , very good.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the Sandton Pillows for one night before travelling back to London on the Eurostar. The hotel is lovely and clean, the bed, huge and very comfy and the staff where friendly, helpful and provided a great service.

The Hotel is in, in my opinion, a good location, about equidistant from the Eurostar Station and the Grandplace area, (15 mins walk)

Just a couple of grumbles - the toilet is seperate from the bathroom in what looks like from the outside, a cupboard - but this isn't really a reason not to stay here - it's just a bit odd.
Also, the shower is nice and powerful (which is great) but as a result, the water flooded out the shower and over the bathroom floor, meaning we had to mop it up with our hand towels, which isn't ideal.

However, this was a lovely hotel, and good value for money for the price we paid. I would definitely recommend it to a friend or stay here again if the opportunity arose

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I spent several nights here on a tour of Brussels that included visits to Brugge and Ghent. I definitely consider the Pillows hotel a "find" in the city of Brussels, and I would go back in a heartbeat. Combined with all the fun things we saw and did in Brussels, it made for an excellent vacation.

LOCATION: It was the perfect location for seeing all of the sights -just a short subway ride from the Midi train station and walking distance from the Gran Place. The famous Mannequin Pis statue is also a short walk along with lots of shopping and sightseeing. There's a subway station within 2 blocks of the hotel for convenient access to anywhere you want to go in Brussels. The neighborhood seemed safe. All in all this is a fantastic location.

ROOMS AND LOBBY: The rooms were clean and very nicely furnished. The bed was really comfy. It had a nice desk, chairs to sit in, a wardrobe to store my clothes,and a mini fridge. I liked the stylish wallpapers especially in the lobby, which was very modern and chic but still warm and inviting. I was so happy to arrive there after a long trip from overseas and happy to come back there each night after long days of touring. The staff were friendly and helpful with directions and activity recommendations. I didn't try the breakfast but it looked good. They also have a nice little coffee bar in the lobby where you can get snacks during the day. My only complaint about the rooms is that the automatic light control in the bathroom often turned off while I was still in there, leaving me in the dark waving my hands over my head to get it back on. The bathroom motion sensor only keeps the light on if you move around alot.

ACTIVITIES NEARBY: There is a Michelin starred restaurant next door called Comme Chez. We didn't eat there, but if you want to splurge, it's probably worth making an advance reservation. My favorite place in the city was the Petit Sablon Square park in the Sablon neighborhood. There's a park attendant who makes you stay off the grass. If you talk to him, he'll give you a brochure about all the statues and explain the history which is actually really interesting. We also enjoyed the cathedral nearby and all the chocolate shops in the Sablon, especially Pierre Marcolini, but we got good chocolates in Gran Place as well. The King's palace, museums and visitors center were a long walk, but the kind of walk that has plenty of sightseeing on the way, so it was perfect. I imagine you could also take the subway. Unfortunately we were there on a Monday so all the museums were closed.

TIPS: If you happen to have a Eurostar pass and you want to take a day trip go to the Eurostar ticket clerk at Midi to buy your train ticket to Brugge, Antwerp or Ghent, you get a discount if you do it that way. If you buy a "Brussels Card," you can use it for unlimited subway rides in addition to admission to all the featured attractions and museums.

• Stayed: April 2013