“Cheap and perfect!!”

Adagio Access Brussels Europe
London
“Cheap and perfect!!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Brussels only for 1 night and wanted to see the main attractions as well as a bit more off track spots.
This place is located approx. 5min walk from Trone stop so we took a tram from Gare Du Midi where Eurostar arrives and got off on the 5th stop - easy!
From the hotel to town center is about 10-15min walk, all in straight line. You will need to cross the main park and there you are.
If you turn right from the park, you will get to a comics museum - often overlooked.
The hotel was very clean and quiet. The room was big, bathroom compact but had everything that we needed plus there was a ting kitchenette (fully equipped).
A great place!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank AgnieszkaP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I do not recommend this aparthotel of you are staying in Brussels. One my last visit there were no cups or mugs in the apartment;even though there was a coffee perculator; and no tea towel to wipe up any item that had been used and then washed.

There are far better Adagio parthotels in the city than this one. I was very disappointed because when I complained about the lack of cups I was told it was down the Head Office in Paris, this has taken away this aparthotels attraction for me and I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here go to another aparthotel in the area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Unfriendly staff. I lost my wallet on my first day in Brussels and asked for help at the reception. All they told me is that I should go to the police. They didn't even ask if I knoe or had means to get there. No sympathy at all! Then I asked reception how to make a collect call to my bank to check on my new credit card delivery satus and the guy who reluctantly interrupted his chat on the phone told me to dial 000 + country code + number. I did that and to my surprise I ended up receiving a EUR 95.00 phone bill and the manager simply told me that those dialing instructions I received were for regular international calls. So besides all the inconviniences I went through by losing my wallet also had to pay for a phone call I was entitled to call collect. And forget about asking them for directions. A girl at the reception made me walk for blocks to find a subway station while I could simply walk the same amount of time to reach the place I needed to be. The room was good, but on weekends you may not find any place open around for a meal.
I'm never coming back, neither recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We traveled with a toddler so we preferred self-catering to avoid the battle with our son in restaurants.
This is our first time to stay in an Adagio hotel. Though this one is Adagio Access (the basic level), it fulfills our needs sufficiently.
Supermarket is within reasonable walking distance. Since it's located in business area, it's relatively easier to find a free parking on the street during the weekend(some streets are free on Saturday and others not).
The only thing I must complain is that there's no electricity socket in the bathroom for hair dryer or shaver. Thus I had to wait until next morning to dry my hair, since my baby was already sleeping.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank twitexpat
Shanghai
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Good location if you want to to business in EU institutions. Everything is in waling distance. Clean, basic, very basic, hardly any service. Road side rooms are very noisy because of the car traffic. Lobby was a bit smelly. Suitable for self-catering with kitchenette, but no real supermarkets nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Seattle
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This Adagio hotel was recently constructed, so all the fixtures were bright and new. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location is fabulous for meetings with many EU offices, many of my meetings were 5-10 minute walk away (I visit Brussels every year to update my reserach on EU law developments). My room faced the back, and was quiet as a tomb both during the day and at night. I was delighted to find a comfortable, convenient place where I don't have to pay for a lot of services I don't use--I am happy to keep my room clean and cook for myself, that's why I like aparthotels. The aparthotel near Louise where I stayed every year for 10 years unexpectedly closed down, so I had to find something new and tried this. This was better service and facilities for the same price as the old one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for four nights. This is obviously not a four star hotel but offers a clean and welcoming base for anyone on a bit of a budget.

The hotel looked as if it had been redecorated, the rooms were light and fresh, everything was impeccably clean when we arrived, and we had lots of space in the room. The staff were very friendly and helpful and at night everything was lovely and quiet!

There is a little bit of a walk to Grand Place but we did not mind, and the metro stop close by was very useful for getting around.

The only improvements I would suggest are:

1. As we were staying for four nights the room was not cleaned, it would have been nice if a brief clean was done eg. empty the bins

2. This may sound silly but there was no plug socket anywhere near a mirror - not helpful for ladies trying to straighten their hair!

These are very minor issues though and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013