“Friendly staff, modern place”

Adagio Access Brussels Europe
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The place was recently built (or renovated). Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is expensive though, for what is offered. (quality products but reduced variety)
WiFi Internet was free but with spotty service.
The lobby is large but doubles as breakfast area and lounge. There aren't any separate places to work or organize a meeting (not very 'Business friendly' in this aspect)
Two blocks away from the "Troon" subway station, three blocks from "Place Luxemburg" (where the Airport bus stops)
Will definitely stay again in future visits to Brussels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Daniel M

Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you're looking for a good value hotel in Brussels in the EU district, this should be your n1 choice. Very new, very clean, staff overly helpful. Two minor points for improvement though: the rooms could be more heated and the breakfast could contain also some hot food (eg. boiled egg).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Not recommended hotel. Hotel General Manager, Duty Manager and Front Office Manager are bunch of liars. They have a cheap policy of making money. They claimed that they did not receive my cancellation of the stay and charged me two nights. They did not bother calling me to check reason for my no show for two nights. They claimed that I called to confirm my arrival, which never happened. They claimed the hotel was full, while it was not, so that they could claim they lost the opportunity of selling the room to another.

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy, unclean and not recommended. Service is horrible.
Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Eissa R
Reviewed December 27, 2012

New hotel opened in September 2012. Very friendly staff greeting us evey time we left/enter the hotel. Located in a quiet street near the European Parlement. However, no restaurant or bar in the neighborhood. A short walk to Luxembourg train station for easy bus access to/from the airport. Also very close by, a small grocery store and a subway station. However, easier to reach the Grand-Place by foot than subway since a line change is required. Walking to Grand-Place is about 10-15min long and takes you by Palais Royal, Place Royale, MIM than gardens of Place de l'Albertine and Place d'Espagne. Walking back to the hotel late at night always felt very secure. The nice size room is fully equipped with a confortable double bed, flatscreen TV, closet, table + 2 chairs and desk. The kitchen has a small fridge, a microwave, a ceramic stovetop, cookingware, dishes + ustensils, coffe machine, soap and dishcloth. Personnaly, a toasteroven would have been more usefull than the microwave. A question of taste and eating habits I guess. A fan over the stovetop would have been nice also but it's a good thing the window could be open. I would have love an armchair to rest/read/watch TV but there is no really room for it. During our 9 nights stay, the room was cleaned once after the 7th night, according to clear hotel policy. There is no place to take out the trash so we took out the bag to the maid cart in the hallway. Two true negative points about this hotel. The elevators are enclosed behing doors to minimize noise. It would be a nice touch if the doors themselves were not so noisy! We could hear the door bang even if our room was located at the end of the hallway. However, we did not hear any noise from the other rooms. The other thing, the lack of an electric outlet in the bathroom or in proximity to the miror. Overall, we loved our stay the Adagio Access Brussels and will definitly stay there again if we go to Brussels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here for two and a half weeks on a study trip and found the Adagio Access well suited to my needs. At first a few minor irritations (no mugs or kettle, no powerpoint in bathroom) threatened to sour my experience, but a couple of euros invested in a mug, and making do with using the reflection in the microwave whilst blowdrying my hair turned out to be not that big of a deal. Also a touch annoying was the lack of a gym facility, although the hotel is very close to the Parc de Bruxelles which is popular with joggers and a much more scenic way of getting your exercise.

On the plus side, I found the reception staff to be courteous and helpful and the room clean, comfortably climate controlled and perfectly adequate in terms of size, although I should add that I was travelling alone. The tiny kitchenette consisted of a microwave, fridge and hotplate and there was a sufficient range of pots and utensils. The bed was also very comfortable and the shower was good (no problems with hot water running out as reported in other reviews). Also important for those travelling alone on business, the television had a good range of channels in a variety of languages, quite a few in English.

Breakfast was good in quality, but at 9 euros I felt it was overpriced for a continental breakfast. To choose from, there were baguettes, croissants, pain au chocolat, strudel scrolls, a choice of 2 cereals, yoghurt, cheese, ham, jam, nutella, and honey. As I say, good quality, but only a big eater would truly get their money's worth.

In terms of location, the hotel was very convenient to the EU district, but was a little bit of a walk into the main city centre where most tourists would want to be close to. The benefit of this was that I was encouraged to widen my area of exploration, so I found myself wandering around Ixelles, up the shopping district of Avenue Louise, and back down through Sablon, which I may not have done so readily if I was staying around Grand Place. I do think though, that if you are chosing a hotel for purely sightseeing purposes, one that is a little bit more central might be better suited to you needs.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay and I would consider returning to this hotel if I found myself again in Brussels.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had expected a rather spacious studio-style room, but what I got was a fairly ordinary, average-sized hotel bedroom with a cooker in it. The room was quiet and clean but over-priced - paying, I suppose, for the cooker which I didn't use. The location is very functional, close to EU offices, but offering little to the visitor who wants to have a casual wander around. Reception also very functional, not particularly welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business