“Mama Mia! A Little Gem”

Dining options: Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Mama Mia! A Little Gem”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This place is a real find. I'm nearly tempted to not say how good it is for fear it'll be overrun with customers and I'll never get a seat! In saying that, the food is so great and reasonably priced, I would happily take it home or to the Parc and enjoy a taste of Tuscany there. But then I'd miss out on the hospitality of the amazing staff who always make you feel welcome and are willing to stop and chat. I can highly recommend the chicken pizzaiola and, as for the contadini, ~ I've never tasted anything like it in my life.

• Visited July 2012

“Tiny cosy Italian place near Schuman area with home-made food feeling”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I got to know this place through a colleague at work who recommended it for lunch in the few months that I was working in Brussles. Since then I tried it 5-6 times and everytime the food was absolutely delicious.
The ingredients directly come from Italy and are at display in a small glass vitrine under the counter. I think you can buy what they have on display (different types of salami and cured ham) by gram also.
Once we worked until late and we decided to have dinner at the restaurant. The atmosphere is very much family style. There are two tables each fitting 3 people and a counter with 2 bar chairs. At the time we went there were another group of locals on the other table and we ended up chatting about a concert that was taking place that night. Christina, the friendly owner, participated. I remember that night I had one of the best Lasagnia's of my life. It was on the daily menu. Also my colleague loved the Carrozza (you needed to call in advance for that) ... I tried it for the first time and it was amazing!!
Actually in my opnion the price/value ratio was pretty good ... not sure what cause so much negativity in the earlier comment.
Totally recommended if your office is close by for lunch, also great for dinner if you are searching for a friendly place with home-made food feeling.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank alsarv
Brussels, Belgium
“Tuscan dream in Brussels”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

An Italian in the hospitality industry (with the highest standards) recommended this place to me a year ago. It is like a small piece of Italy on Belgian soil. Amazing fresh ingredients (the counter full of Italian meats and cheeses is amazing) -- you cannot get sandwiches like this anywhere ... Italian bread, beautifully marinated veg, Italian meats and cheeses for a few euros (a previous reviewer complained about price, not sure what planet they're buying their food on). And then there's the hot food: generous portions of all kinds of pasta (some that i've never seen outside of Italy), great salads and plenty specials chicken/fish etc ..... real Tuscan recipes, the best Italian I've tasted anywhere. And finally, the most charming staff, go to this place and you'll talk and laugh all night. Takeaway well worth it too, as is catering that we do often for office events.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Aonghus M
Brussels
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Restaurant with heart and soul - delicious and charming”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Though tucked away on a small street close to the Cinquantenaire Park in the Schuman/Merode area of Brussels, this gem provides heart and home to all and any who frequent it. Daily specials are consistantly delicious, freshly made pasta and sauces served by two welcoming and lovely hosts.

I ate there last night, and had a delicious chicken pizaola - divine. Would recommend at any time.

1 Thank Bxl_2012
“Fantastic little Italian”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My friends introduced me to this quaint little Italian a few weeks ago and I have already been back a number of times! The food is delicious, the service is friendly, with a real homely feel, and as Brussels restaurants go in this area, it is very reasonably priced.

2 Thank Tiny_Jess