“Awful”

La Madeleine Grand Place Brussels
Ranked #167 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Worst place I have ever stayed! Staff were rude, I had 100 euro go missing from my room and they even charged me for an extra night on my credit card. when i went to get the refund they without repay me saying i couldn't prove I didn't stay the extra night. Never stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed June 5, 2013

It is the worst hotel I ever stayed. Guests should be very careful because there are rooms in this Hotel without toilet. I would never stay in this hotel again in my life and I would never suggest it to any of the people I know. I advise people not to make a reservation in this Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Spiros P
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night, and I have to say I was rather surprised reading all the awful reviews on Tripadvisor.

First of all it has a superb location near the 'Grand Place' (1min) and the central station (5min).

The guy at the reception was very friendly.

The room itself was nothing special, but it was okay. The only complaints I have are the sagging mattress and the fact that the wifi isn't free. My room was located on the 5th floor, so I can't complain about any street noise.

Important to know is that I only paid 45 EUR for a single room (with shower and toilet) while the normal price is 109 EUR. I can safely say that I would not recommend this hotel if I had to pay that much.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WouterJegers
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Strengths: Passable hotel, in fact cheap and in a very good position, two steps from La Grand Place. They serve a rich breakfast, which is included in the price. Staff ok, cleanliness ok.

Weaknesses: you must pay to connect to their wi-fi (2 euros 1 hour!) and very uncomfortable mattresses.

1  Thank alboC
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the years and enjoy its friendly service. Only 10mins walk from the central station and near the Grand Place. Nice continental breakfast, wide selection of TV channels, but wireless not free. Rooms are a bit shabby but very clean. At €82 a reasonable choice.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lance M
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Central position. Efficient check-in and check-out. Hotel corridor and lift very small. Room numbers don't correspond to the floor number. Room just big enough for one person and one case (in a 2 person room). Room quite warm and a bit stuffy. No view from room. Walls are quite thin. If you have a rowdy neighbour this could be a big problem. Room and bathroom well serviced and reasonably clean. Safe in room. No coffee or kettle. Soap provided in a large wall dispenser. TV channels very good. Wi-fi 8 Euro/24hrs; better to go to neighbouring hotels for free wi-fi in the lobby. Breakfast served from 7am was quite adequate and sufficient.
The price is too much for this quality hotel, but compared to other hotels in central Brussels it is well priced. Brussels is simply a very expensive city.
I would easily stay here again for more than a few nights.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
2  Thank J J
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good location. Very scruffy hotel. But what truly shocked was opening the (empty) minibar and finding an opened sandwich, best before date of ten days before my stay. My shock was compounded by a horrid, torn sheet. I have never been so disgusted by a hotel, and at €139 a night? Ridiculous.
Shower OK and breakfast quite nice.

2  Thank EmandDee